Thread: Opera opening Gmail in HTML mode only

Opera opening Gmail in HTML mode only

I really want to be out of the HTML version of the Gmail that is getting opened on the Opera Mini web browser here. You all might be aware that the HTML version of the Gmail is really not that functional and hence I want to know if there is way out of this. I want to have back the Standard version of the Gmail here to be opened on the browser and hence if there is way for it I will be really happy to have it here. I have seen that this is issue is not with the other browsers for example when I try to open my Gmail account with the Firefox or the Internet Explorer I have noticed that there is no such issue with Gmail getting loaded with the standard version. I am sure that there is some issue with the Opera Browser.

Re: Opera opening Gmail in HTML mode only

To tell you I am of the opinion that you will be required to see for some other version of the Opera Mini. Well if you are using the Opera 10.63 then let me tell you that you should have no trouble with the Gmail getting loaded with the standard version of it. If you are having some other newer version then I would recommend that it will be great if you can switch back to this or the stable version of the Opera browser that you were having on the system of yours. Please see if rolling back is helping you here. Please let me get notified about the same in the next post.

If you are having the Opera 11 here in your case then let me tell you that this version of the browser is in the development phase and if you are getting the error on this browser then let me tell you that it will be really great if you can have the Opera 10.63 installed in your case and then try to open the Gmail account of yours here. I am of the opinion that it will really help you here in the case of yours. Just give this a try and see if the Opera Mini opens the Gmail account in the standard mode and that too without any further issues here. Let me get notified about this.

Well looking at the case of yours I think that you will be required to clear the Google Cookies. Sometimes it may happen that the cookies can cause you this type of errors and hence it will be really fine if you can just clear them and see if you can get out of the situation here. For clearing the Google Cookies you will be required to follow the steps below:
    • Open up the page
    • Then Right Click on that page
    • After this you will be required to click on the Site Preferences option
    • Then you will be required to choose Cookie
    • Finally you will have to select Delete All

In my case if I was having any issue with the Google or the Gmail I used to do this and I was able to be out of the issue in no time. Hope the same in your case as well.

I have come up here with the solution and let me tell you that you can use this with your Gmail account and that too independent of the Web Browser that you are using here. Well let me tell you that you will be require to just click on this link and then you will have your Gmail account opening in always standard mode and that to without any trouble here. Here is the link: http://gmail.google.com/gmail?nocheckbrowser Please give this a try and let me know if you were able to have this working here. Also let me tell you that you will have to get logged in your account first and once you are on then you can click on this link and then you will be automatically reverted to the Standard version of the Gmail and without any issue there.

Well looking at the above link it seems to be less secure there but I would say that it will nice if you can get the solution with just one click here. Also regarding the Opera let me tell you that this should not happen there and if it is happening then I would say that it will be great if you can just have a clean installation of this browser on the system of yours again. Hope that if there was some issue with the installation then fresh installation of this thing will make the scenario somewhat helpful with the situation here. Go for the Fresh installation and let me know if what I have said is really true there.