Thread: How to uninstall Opera and clean install Opera 11?

How to uninstall Opera and clean install Opera 11?

Well I have seen a lot of threads and I have seen that many of the users have said that it is required to have the clean installation of the Opera so that the Opera 11 can be made to work without any issue. Well I want to know what is the proper way of uninstalling the older version of the Opera and then installing this newer version of the Opera 11 here. Please try to be quick in this case as I have the Opera 11 here ready with me.

Re: How to uninstall Opera and clean install Opera 11?

On the first note let me tell you that it is really very easy to go with the uninstallation of the Browser. All you have to do is go in the Control Panel and then go in the Add or Remove Programs sections. Once you are there you will be required to search for the Opera Mini and then click on the Remove option in front of it. After that you will be required to reboot the system and then again you will have to double click on the .exe file of the Opera 11 and wait for the installation to complete. Once you are done then you will be required to reboot the system again and then you will have the Opera 11 ready to use.

Clean installation is required so that the older version of the files do not get crashed or do not get conflict with the newer files that have been introduced after the newer application is installed and hence it is recommended that you always have this working in your case. So please while you are making way for some new application and you had the older version of this application then it will be great if you always go with the clean installation here.

I am really happy here with this but in addition to this I just want to say that the steps that have been given in eth second post of this thread is really up to the point but it will be really better if you can make use of the ccleaner as well in this case her. Well there are chances that the older versions files and entry may have not got delete from the registry and hence can cause issues here. So I am of the opinion that it will be really nice if you can deploy ccleaner here and then go with the installation of this browser here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky58 View Post
    I am really happy here with this but in addition to this I just want to say that the steps that have been given in eth second post of this thread is really up to the point but it will be really better if you can make use of the ccleaner as well in this case her. Well there are chances that the older versions files and entry may have not got delete from the registry and hence can cause issues here. So I am of the opinion that it will be really nice if you can deploy ccleaner here and then go with the installation of this browser here.
    but my problem is same during installation my opera 11.5 fails and crash and i system hangs and i have to restart the system. same thing happens again & again so i chose not to install and find out the problem. help me pls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divyansh3901 View Post
    but my problem is same during installation my opera 11.5 fails and crash and i system hangs and i have to restart the system. same thing happens again & again so i chose not to install and find out the problem. help me pls ?
    Download and install a uninstaller software called Revo Uninstaller Pro, by searching it from google and then try to uninstall the opera browser by login into safe mode. Revo Uninstaller Pro helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer easily! Even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.