Thread: Router -Network Connected to Internet but not working

Router -Network Connected to Internet but not working

I have set up a wireless network in my apt as well as after more than a few days of working with no difficulty, the laptop (which is linked wirelessly) at the moment cans no longer access WebPages. My desktop computer is wired keen on the router as well as has not have any trouble. I am making use of an AirLink 101 802.11g router as well as a Motorola SB5100 Surfboard modem. The laptop is logged in to the network as well as I have attempted power cycling together the modem as well as the router furthermore disabled the security on the system. Are there several additional essential troubleshooting things I be able to or else should I presently acquire some specialized help?

Re: Router -Network Connected to Internet but not working

For your internet access I thoughts it’s to do by means of your gateway settings. In TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) Properties you be able to manually allocate your pc's IP (Internet Protocol) addresses and the gateway. Why not attempt as well as manually assign IP (Internet Protocol) & confirm all computers and your router allocate the similar gateway (default 192.168.0.1). Do you encompass a wireless access point or else is that to perform by means of the router? So many times at what time I have set-up a network the gateway has for all time prepared a difference. Just reboot after configuration may possibly be required also.

Both laptop as well as desktop computer is on the similar settings except for the Internet Protocol. The "Wireless Network Connection - select a Wireless Network" window come into view on the way to consider that the laptop
    is connected (it permit the option of disconnecting), however the system tray icon as well as the text box on the window in cooperation point out that the laptop is not connected. As a result at the moment what bet I supposed to do now? Thanks for all your assist.

Hi, I in recent times installed Vista Home as a partition on Mac OS X, as well as internet's been functioning very well so far furthermore I installed each and every updates, however at what time I altered to a dissimilar network connection, it states I am connected to 'local as well as internet' however I am unable to browse any web pages in any way.I can make use of programs for example utorrent very well, it states that I am downloading, however at what time I boot up Internet explorer or Firefox I cannot connect to any websites. I attempted diagnosing however it states my connection is very well.

If Vista states that it is "online by means of internet access" after that it more often than not is. Further, your laptops be able to connect both wired as well as wirelessly as a result that does a great deal to diminish the probability of it having whatever thing to do by means of your router. So stop messing by means of it. Have you confirmed you do not encompass a proxy set within Internet Explorer? I.e. Tools / Internet Options / Connections / LAN Settings /< mark unchecked all box over here>.