Thread: Dropdown menus of Norton website don't work for Mozilla Firefox

Dropdown menus of Norton website don't work for Mozilla Firefox

In the majority of Norton's websites, the dropdown menus will emerge while the cursor hovers above the menu title but the moment the cursor is moved down into the list of items the menu faded away earlier than I can click on an item. This is with Mozilla Firefox, most recent version 3.6.13 in Microsoft Windows7. The trouble does not take place with Windows Explorer. Is there a known cause for this? Please give some respond which help to solve this issue.

Re: Dropdown menus of Norton website don't work for Mozilla Firefox

I do not appear to have this problem in Firefox 3.6.13 on Microsoft Windows 7 or windows XP. The drop down menus stays behind in view for me. My Firefox is on the whole running at default level, a small number of slight tweaks in about: config. Do you have any extraordinary add-ons or script blocking enabled? Please provide some information which help to solve your problem.

I have currently disabled all my add-ons and plug-ins and discover that this makes no dissimilarity to the trouble. How much I know, script blocking is not taking place, but in Norton Internet Security 2011 there is no alternative which I have establish, that relates to this and it is not indexed in Help. So I don't discern if script blocking is taking place within NIS 2011 or not. In my Firefox, JavaScript is enabled. A novel finding, if place my pointer on a drop down menu title to the right or to the left of the title text, left click and pull down to the menu and after that let go the left button, the menu stays noticeable as I currently shift the pointer up and down through it and I can after that click on and choose items from the menu.

I have been annoying ineffectively to reproduce your problem. It sounds like a scripting error but I am not sure about that. There have been fairly some information on the Mozilla website regarding this problem, but unluckily no one has come up with a confirmed resolution up till now. Is this just occurring on the Symantec site or does it occurs with other sites utilizing this feature? You can check at the Mozilla site, that as well have many of these dropdown menus.

Try utilizing Firefox in its Safe Mode by doing: Start- All Programs- Mozilla Firefox- Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). If this heals the trouble then it is possibly a challenging extension causing the problem. Somebody recommended resetting your preferences to repair this but that is a pretty extreme step which would necessitate you to reset numerous things not just options and may not even effort, so I won't post the link to that process accept this is driving you to the point of anxiety.