Thread: Cannot autologin to any site

Cannot autologin to any site

I have installed Windows XP 64bit to my computer. It is also having most recent Norton 2011 ISS build 18.1.0.37. My problem is that I can fill the login details without any problem in identity safe but the auto does not occur for any of the sites. To login, I have to press sign in. I have enabled the Auto login from the settings. I am using the Firefox browser. Can you tell me that what can be the problem with that and how can I solve this problem? Thank you!!!

Re: Cannot autologin to any site

I don’t know that what is the exact solution for this but you can try some basic things to solve this issue. Clear the cache of the system and also history of the firefox. There is possibility that cache is full and that is why it is not able to login directly and you have to do it manually. After cleaning the cache, it can again store the password to your computer and you can login directly.

There is possibility that the firefox that you are using is having bug in it and that is why you are not able to login directly. You can search for the latest version of the Firefox. Download and install that. Installing that will create all the new files to the system for firefox and if any file is corrupted then it will be replaced with new files and the problem for you will be solved. This is the most basic thing that you need to try. I hope that updating to newer version will help you.

The operating system that you are using may be corrupted. If that is the problem then it may also show you the symptoms like this. There may be some files on operating system that are missing and causing the problem. You need to repair the system. For that, take a bootable XP CD and insert that to your computer. Boot from that CD and when it asks you for the installation type then you have to select Repair. Press enter and after that it will do all the things on itself. It will scan the entire missing and corrupted file and replace that with the new one.

There are many other internet browsers that are available on web. You can search and download a good one for you. Install in on your computer. If you need my recommendation then I would prefer you to use opera browser. I found that this is better than other browsers in every aspect. I am using this from a long time and never faced any problem like this. I hope that this will solve the problem that you are facing.

Thank you very much all for your replies. I cleared the history and the cache memory as suggested and finally it solves the issue. So I would like to recommend all the other users who are searching for the similar solution to do the same and I am quite sure that you will also be able to solve that. Once again thank you very much all for such a quick reply.

Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that Firefox can auto login into sites. I will try it later.
    YouTube