Thread: My Internet Explorer search settings are not getting saved?

My Internet Explorer search settings are not getting saved?

Hi each and every one, On a new PC I have lately installed Norton Internet Security 2011 as well as Utilities 14, running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP. I have not modified any of the settings within Norton or Internet Explorer from the installed defaults.At whatever time I launch a new Internet Explorer browser, I have on the way to resave search settings, as well as not any of my usernames and passwords are stored in the appropriate websites (still though I verify the offer to save them every occasion).Is this a Norton security characteristic that is able to be 'turned down'? I had liked to construct my browsing further well-organized by not having to re-input or else resave info every occasion.Many thanks for any recommendation.

Re: My Internet Explorer search settings are not getting saved?

These sounds similar to cookies are not getting saved. In Internet Explorer, verify in Internet Options/ General tab if "Delete browsing history on exit" is mark checked. If as a result either uncheck it or else click "Delete browsing history on exit" as well as uncheck the box for "Cookies." If the websites are scheduled in your Favorites, you may possibly as an alternative check the "Preserve Favorites website data" on the way to keep cookies for those websites.

As you have mentioned that your browse history is not getting automatically saved after exist. There may as well be a trouble by means of the smart screen filter interfere. If you encompass that characteristic turned on, please attempt turning it off furthermore observe if that make a variation. Hope this will help you to get rid of your issue.

Thanks for each and every one for your responses as well as suggestions.Unluckily these do not resolve it – As per your suggestion I checked and Smart Screen Filtering is turned off, option in browsing history are as well set to not delete cookies, however at a standstill Internet Explorer returns to a default setting every occasion I boot up.I am certain it should be the new Norton Utilities or else Internet Security I installed, it by no means perform it before - I presently cannot discover an noticeable setting on the way to toggle that will remain each and every one my browser settings (with no degrading security clearly!).

As well as check Norton Internet Security in PC Settings as well as if preferred you be able to set Tracking Cookies Scan on the way to disregard or else Ask Me. The default is take away which means that during a fast or full scan cookies be able to be removed. Hope this will assist you to get rid of your issue.If you need further help let me know.

I make use of Utilities 14 and Norton Internet Security 2011, as other posters have pointed out Norton Internet Security has not anything to do by means of your problem.I establish by tinkering around by means of Utilities 14, I had on the way to un-tick the Index.dat folder cleaning to acquire Utilities 14 on the way to save my cookies dependably.As others have said, be certain on the way to have the cookies you desire saved are checked in the utilities 14 browser settings.I do not be familiar with sufficient regarding program files to give details it, however I suppose the index files have somewhat to do by means of the cookies being saved.I hope this assist