Thread: Internet Explorer 9 blocks 99% of social engineering malware

Internet Explorer 9 blocks 99% of social engineering malware

I am thinking of changing my internet browser. As i am not so impressed with my current browser. I have heard about the release of the internet explorer9 beta, the full version has not yet released it seems. I have heard, it has come up with many security features. I have also heard it has the capacity to block 99% of the malwares and ban them to gain entry in to our system through the web. Is it true? If you all have any information regarding this topic then please do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 blocks 99% of social engineering malware

If you ask me i would like to say that it provides you this protection against the social engineering malwares. These types of malwares interact with the users asking them about the various personal information and also promising them some cash award. These type of nuisance has become quite popular in the internet these days. That's why the newly released internet explorer 9 beta version has the potential to block such type of social engineering malwares. Well if you are thinking of changing the browser then i would definitely advice you to go with it.

Even i agree it provides a much better protection against its previous version. The previous version internet explorer 8 has the block percentage of 80% as compared to the 99%. It has got a unique URL protection rate which is around 94%. While the overall protection rate is around 99% this goes to show how safe and secure the internet explorer 9 is. Also it has an additional feature like smart screen application which warns the user of the possible danger during the download of the particular file with such features it is definitely going to be hit in the market.

OK thanks one and all. I was thinking to switch to the internet explorer 8 as the internet explorer 9 has been released in the beta version. So i am waiting for the full version to come. The information that you all have given me is valuable and i think i will better stick with it. The malware protection it provides is much secure and i think so it is a great step taken by the Microsoft people to make a good way for the safe browsing.