Thread: Skype always showed on the taskbar, can't be minimize to the System Tray in Windows 7

Skype always showed on the taskbar, can't be minimize to the System Tray in Windows 7

The most recent Skype edition, Skype 4.2 (Beta) does not minimize on the way to the system tray. Skype for all time showed on the taskbar, cannot be minimized even to the notification area.Similar to the live messenger, cannot be minimized on the way to the notification area similar to previous Vista as well as windows Xp.Thank you for any suggestion regarding to this issue.

Re: Skype always showed on the taskbar, can't be minimize to the System Tray in Windows 7

As far I know this is not a bug in Skype, it is a new characteristic added by the Developers of Skype. Yet Windows Live Messenger had the similar trouble, that's how several edition of programs function by means of Windows 7.On the other hand, the majority of Skype users (counting me) do not like this new characteristic, as a result have switched reverse to the previous version Skype 4.1!

Re: Skype always showed on the taskbar, can't be minimize to the System Tray in Windows 7

There is no require to perform that, we be able to minimize Skype 4.2 (Beta)
    on the way to the System Tray!Below is mentioned how you be able to perform it:
    1. First of all close Skype by means of right-clicking on the icon of Skype furthermore select Quit (It is in the warning area, next to the clock).
    2. Now Open the folder "C:\Program Files\Skype
    3. At the moment open the folder named "Phone".
    4. There you be able to discover the executable file of Skype named "Skype.exe", right-click on it as well as select property.
    5. After go to Compatibility tab.
    6. Check mark” Run this program in compatibility mode for” as well as choose Windows Vista,
    7. After that click on OK to finish.
    8. At the moment start Skype 4.2 (Beta) from the start menu furthermore it be supposed to minimize to the system tray completely.

Possibly I may be misunderstanding the original post, however previous to 4.2 Beta, Skype would minimize on the way to the task bar warning area at what time you clicked on the X. It would be seated at the same time as a unseen icon in the warning area, now you cannot close up the window without ending Skype. At the moment Skype 4.2 roll up not just in the task bar however at the same time as an open window still at what time up click on the X.This is how Skype 4.1x functioned, give pleasure to bring this characteristic back.

At what time I installed Windows 7 at the moment I downloaded Skype 4.2.0.152 as well as was extremely irritated by means of the irritating determination of the Skype window. Ultimately I exposed this forum as well as used the Vista compatibility alternative described above on the way to resolve it. You state this may possibly reason more troubles. As a result please can you just remove the constant window trouble?

This is without a doubt a extremely irritating characteristic.First of all for the reason that it gives you a sensitivity of not being in blame of your PC as well as the whole thing on it (which I acquire very sincerely)as well as secondly for the reason that it's now irritating on the way to have it open all the occasion.Please get free of the characteristic; I cannot visualize it being hard to insert an option in the settings menu!

Right click and quit it it will work for you....