Thread: Volume control icon missing from windows 7

Volume control icon missing from windows 7

I do not know that what is wrong with this. It was working fine last night. But this morning when I started the laptop then I found that volume control icon was missing from its place. I am quite sure that it was working last night because I adjusted the volume when I was playing some music. I have installed Nero 9 last night; can it be the reason for this? Please help.

Re: Volume control icon missing from windows 7

It is very simple to do. You just have to refer to the steps below and you will get it solved easily. Here are the steps that you have to follow.
    1. Right click on the task bar close to the time display and this will show you a popup menu.
    2. Select properties from there.
    3. In behavior of system icons choose ON for volume icon and that will set it to always show.
    4. Finally click on OK.

If the steps given above solve the problem then it is OK but if that does not solve the problem to get your volume icon back to its place, you can restart you’re your computer and see it if is back or not. You can click here and this will let you to the Microsoft site that is having steps to solve this problem. This is the solution provided by the Microsoft so you don’t have to worry about this and go for this with confidence.
    Last edited by DeMario; 24-12-2010 at 06:49 AM.

The driver for the audio in your computer may be corrupted and that is why you are getting the problems like this. There may be many reasons for that but if that is the case then you can uninstall and install the driver in your system. If that is also not solving the problem for you then you can search for the latest driver from the manufacturer site. Download and install it to your computer. There are many cases like this where updating the driver solves the problem.

The notification area is situated at the right side of taskbar by default plus it holds program icons which gives status as well as notifications regarding things similar to incoming e‑mail, updates, and network connectivity. While you install a fresh program then you can put in an icon intended for that program to notification area. fresh computers habitually come through icons in the notification area and a few programs routinely put in an icon to the notification area throughout installation. You can modify which icons as well as notifications come into view in notification area. For definite special icons, you can select if they illustrate at all.