Thread: How to Disable Adobe Acrobat plugin in Safari?

How to Disable Adobe Acrobat plugin in Safari?

Hello friends, I had freshly bought and installed the Adobe CS2. With that the Acrobat Professional comes a Safari plug-in that repeatedly appear PDFs in the browser. Nevertheless, I much desire the standard Tiger PDF viewer as Acrobat takes everlastingly to load. I have looked all over the place and can't shape out how to disable this feature. Can somebody help?

Re: How to Disable Adobe Acrobat plugin in Safari?

I does not make use of the CS2 but in the Adobe Reader, in the Adobe reader opening preferences option, in that select the Internet and then uncheck the option Display PDF in browser using…. by performing this it will relapse the Safari back to its built-in PDF viewer. When I required to disable a fresh Acrobat installation and wasn't confident which program either the Safari or the Acrobat had the suitable preference setting. Also then you must stop and re-launch Safari for the modification to get the result.

What you do is move the mouse to the /Library/Internet Plug-Ins. You must observe the Adobe PDF Viewer Plug-in here. If you don't contain one previously, shaped a directory called Disabled Plugins. Shift the Adobe PDF View Plug-in here and then reboot the Safari. There should not be space in between the i.e. AdobePDFViewerPlugin. Safari web browser must use its embedded PDF viewer in the place of Adobe. We can verify Safari's Help by moving to the Installed Plug-ins menu to view that Adobe is no longer incorporated in the record of loaded plugins.

It would come into view that Adobe made some unwanted modification since the previous post. Within the Adobe Reader's Internet preferences, I am unable to deselect "Display PDF in browser using: Applications/Adobe Reader.app". Also, I found that there are no plugins in my user's "Library/Internet Plug-ins" directory or some extensions programmed in Safari preference. I have Adobe Reader X version 10.0.0. Any thoughts? I'd actually like to obtain the default reader back.

Have a good look on to the top-level Library directory, that is of /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/. After this as recommended before to create the folder which is called as the Disabled Plugins there and then navigate the AdobePDFViewer.plugin to that folder and after completing it restart the Safari web browser and then check it out whether it helps you out.