Thread: Unable to record streaming audio

Unable to record streaming audio

I have got a desktop computer. Although my system is quite new , I bought it just a year , I have both the video card and sound card installed installed in my system My system had Windows xp operating system installed , then I installed Windows 7 . The CL Audigy sound card installed , my issue is that I cannot record the streamed audio files in it , so what do you think I should do to get rid off this problem.

Re: Unable to record streaming audio

I too had faced a similar sort of issue in it . I have found a resolution for this issue . Please Open sound option that you will be able to locate in the control panel, You can right click on the sound dialogue box to illustrate devices that has been and then locate the mixer over there which I think will be disabled for some reason , you can enable it , first I think you should try up to this , if doing this much step resolves your issues then it is fine or else you can post your issue again.

But it is also possible that you will get stuck over there , so what you can do is you will have to do a bit of . However I discovered that if you click at the mixer then select the properties and alter the advanced settings for sample rate and bit depth , you can set them as 2channel 16bit 48000hz. Let me tell you, you will not trust me , the mixer initialized and then I could record the streamed audio.

But let me tell you that it will generate a new issue and that too lot bigger than the previous , I could record it but the background sound was very much annoying but I could see the mixer was enabled. However by bringing back the level meter down to 7 which you can find under the tab named as levels , I was able to fix this issue , I think you too should try the above method and if you fail in it you can follow my post after that .

If recording in Sound Recorder does not function as you intend it should , this means that something is incorrectly installed within operating system or the sound card driver is not working properly. In this situation this point, ensure that your Windows sound settings are right. If each and every Windows setting is right and accurate and you still are not able to record it is recommended that you should download the latest audio driver that must be compatible with your Windows 7 platform.