Thread: Setting up GoDaddy email in Apple Mail

Setting up GoDaddy email in Apple Mail

Hi friends, I am unable to understand why my system gets crashed when I am trying to set up the Godaddy email account once again in the Apple Mail. At the main windows web page of the godaddy mail I entered all the detail in to the outgoing Mail server part, after that click on to the continue button and then the wheel just get scrolls. Please provide me the advice what can I do.

Re: Setting up GoDaddy email in Apple Mail

I think that this may help you out from the problem, as I was also having the same problem: initially verify the username is "<USERNAME>@domain.com", at this domain is clearly your domain. This is here is the real problem; at start I just had "<USERNAME>" which gave me a beach ball. And the Port should have to be 995 and SSL with "Password" Authentication which is beneath the advanced tab.

This is the solution which really helped me out: (1). at the start open up a new email inside your Mac mail client system. (2). At now after that go to the "From" field, you ought to observe one more drop down menu through the outgoing servers. Note that numerous servers is programmed if you have numerous accounts available to your Mac mail. (3). after that click on to the "Edit SMTP Server List" option. And then select the server that is not performing. (4). Now in the "Account Information" option, confirm the server name is right. For godaddy mail, it must be "smtpout.secureserver.net" (5) select and click on to the option Use Custom Port which is in the tab of the Advanced and in that type: 3535. (6) Also you should have to confirm that "Use SSL" should have to be un-clicked. (7) Authentication must be "password” and the username ought to be your complete email address. (8) Fill in your password if it is inexplicably absent and then click OK. That's what helped for me and also will help you.

That is accurately the better way as shown by the “Roxy_jacob “. It has to be set up, not only for the godaddy but also for the many other emails service using whichever POP3 or IMAP. Also I should like to insert the following things. The standard PORT designed for SMTP that is for the outgoing mail is the PORT 25. The majority ISP's will het chunk the PORT 25 for the reason that helps to cut down on that malicious spam and use a non-standard PORT, confirm TO ASK your service provider the SMTP port they use for SMTP. or else you WILL have problems while sending email.