Thread: New internet connection shows limited or no connectivity.

New internet connection shows limited or no connectivity.

I am studying in university and need to do project as per syllabus and for that I have get internet connection at my house and I have installed all drivers and trying to get connection but its shows limited or no connectivity. It shows Red Cross on local area connection Icon. I don’t know why this is happening I have done all procedure which required getting connection but still facing this problem. Is there any idea from your site then please help me.

Re: New internet connection shows limited or no connectivity.

I think you need to go first my network places there you will get different connection icon. If you are using wireless connection then you need to first right click on local; area connection icon and click on disable, if it showing enable then leave it. Then right click on wireless connection and you need to click on enable if it shows disable then leave it. If you are using cable connection then use exactly opposite of this steps. Because at one time only one type of connection can work. Then you can see you computer icon showing local area connection connected and your LAN card speed.

There is might be various reasons for this. You should try by using different internet browser or need to upgrade your browser. On browser click on file option the check there is work offline option if it tick the remove that tick and restart browser. Still it’s not working then checks your lights on modem or router, if cable light is working then your connection is ok till the modem but not getting you in your computer. So you need to check from your side by calling engineer.

As you said you installed new connection so first you need to installed IP address in your local area connections settings for this you can click on my network places then view network you will get local are connection icon right click on that icon make sure its first name in the list shows disable means it now enable and if you want to disable then you have to click on it. You can select option properties, click on it and you will get small window then in the general option click on internet protocol TCP/IP and fill your all address. And click on ok and then check your connection after five minutes.