Thread: Red Window from ESET continuously popping up saying address blocked

Red Window from ESET continuously popping up saying address blocked

I have been working with my computer and i have a lots of office work revolving around my computer. I am very particular about the security of my computer. So i run a full version of ESET Anti virus. Let me tell you it has not given me any reason to complain about its performance. One day while i was browsing the internet, i came across a particular website which said that i will have to enter my bank account number and other personal information to win such prizes. I just closed that particular pop up and i exited from that particular website. After i got out of that particular website. Whenever i browse the internet, a red kind of window appears and i have been informed that this particular address has been blocked. This particular pop up appears everytime. Why this keeps happening is it due to a particular type of virus that has entered in my system. Please suggest something.
    Last edited by Maybay; 23-12-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Re: Red Window from ESET continuously popping up saying address blocked

Well looking at your problem, it seems that some particular defect has entered into the system. It can be a virus or a malware or a an application that is forcing the anti virus to give a pop up everytime. Well a total scan of the system will not help. I think you must boot your computer in the safe mode and then try with the trouble shooting. If the main cause is the application then it will be detected easily during the safe boot. So just try with this method and let me know if it works for you.

I would advice you to keep the firewall on. Once you have kept the firewall on, it will provide you a better security and it will make sure that this type of attacks are not repeated in the near future. As per as your current situation, what i wanted to say is that try working on your system and just check what type of pop or the website address it blocks. It will provide you with the necessary information of the particular address. It will give you two option either to delete or to send to quarantine. Once you send it to the quarantine. The ESET people will be able to detect the source of that particular type of virus and they will see to it that such type of virus will be blocked before entering in to your system.

If you have kept the security settings to a very high level then it may block each and every website that it terms as the unsafe website. So this can also be a possibility. So what you have to do is to change the security settings to the moderate and see the changes. It will allow more and more websites and will restrict only that websites that is termed as highly unsafe for browsing in their particular library. So my advice is to just change the settings and see whether it works or not.

Well i have read the previous reply and reading about the customized settings. I have kept the security settings into the medium level and not in the extreme level. I know about that issue. As of now i have submitted a report to the ESET people and i have mailed them my problem. I am waiting for their response. So as of now i am not thinking of switching to the different antivirus. Anyways thanks for the information that you have provided it was helpful for me.