Thread: How to disable the Email Protection

How to disable the Email Protection

Friends, I need to disable the email protection when I use the real time and web access. I am using NOD 32 antivirus in my system but whenever I attempt to do that then it makes the icon yellow and keeps on asking me to enable it. I don’t like to have the yellow NOD 32 icon. Can you suggest me any way by which I will be able to ignore such warnings? Please suggest me for doing this.

Re: How to disable the Email Protection

You can do the following to do what you want. Go to setup tree and then select Email client protection from there and then choose POP3,POP3S. From here you have to disable the 'POP3 protocol checking'. Once you are done with this then you can go to 'Email to scan' which is there under 'Email clients' and there uncheck 'Received’,’ Sent', 'Read' email. This will do the thing that you want to do. Good Luck!!!

You just have to follow the steps below if you want to disable email scanning.
    1. First of all you have to open the main program by clicking on the ESET icon or you can also click Start → All Programs → ESET → ESET Smart Security.
    2. Press key F5 and this will display the window for Advanced Setup.
    3. Click on Antivirus and antispyware → Email protection → POP3 → Email clients from Advanced Setup tree.
    4. Deselect all the items that are there in Email clients list and click on the OK and this will confirm the changes.

I would not recommend you to disable this feature because if you do this then this takes out the extra coating of guard. As you told that the icon becomes yellow, this is the default behavior of it if the email protection is disabled. I think that it would be better to see the icons in yellow color for some times than dropping your system to risk.

I also agree that this is the default behavior of it and cannot be changed. I don’t think that there is some method to disable it undyingly. Then also if you have any query for this then you can directly contact the NOD32 support and I am quite sure that you will get the answer for your question there. This will be the best and the safest way to get the answer for this. Click here to go to the eset customer care.