Thread: Unable to get Internet TV from Windows Media Center on my Xbox 360.

Unable to get Internet TV from Windows Media Center on my Xbox 360.

Initially I was using windows XP on the system and I was allowed to use the internet TV function on my Xbox 360 and that too without any error. And recently I have upgraded the operating system from windows XP to windows 7 and now when I go on my Xbox 360 I am not having the internet TV icon on it. I was really wondering that why I am not getting the icons and was unable to know why I am not able to use the internet TV. Internet TV exactly means that I was not able to stream videos from windows media center. Please help me in this case and also let me know why this is happening.

Re: Unable to get Internet TV from Windows Media Center on my Xbox 360.

Well I guess you have to install the latest updates from windows media center on your system. I have also faced the similar problem few days back and I think you are also going though the same phase now what you have to do here is that just visit the media center and then look out for the updates on your system and then just install the same on your PC I hope that this will help you to solve the issue that you are getting.

The first thing that I would like to tell you here is that the things have changed when windows 7 came in to existence. So what you have to do here is that first of all check whether this functionality is available in windows 7 or not and if not then you can’t force to so the same. I mean to say that you have to check out from the compatibility center whether this functionality is valid in windows 7 or not and if it is not then you have to use the windows XP only.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you haven’t added your Xbox into the media center. The thing here is that if the Xbox is not added in the windows media center then it will definitely give you the error and also will not connect the internet TV for you. So what you have to do here is that just add it and then see how it goes. And of you still are not able to solve the issue then you can use the ADD Extender to add the Xbox I am sure that it will help you to solve the issue that you are facing.