Thread: Safari works slow with RSS reading function

Safari works slow with RSS reading function

I have got an Apple Mac book , I like to use Safari more, it work very fast and is very effective , but every time I make use of the RSS reading function it works so outmoded and dumb, This feature works very nice in the Mozilla Firefox , but I do not want to use the Firefox for other applications , so is there any software available so that I can implement the same feature in the Mozilla as well. If you have any idea about this then please reply on the same forum.

Re: Safari works slow with RSS reading function

The nearby thing to Safari that has the RSS reading feature already installed is built-in RSS bookmarks is most likely OmniWeb. The newest release adds hold up for outside RSS readers, because so many users does not like the RSS bookmarks , so if you really want to make that as the Mozilla reader then it is the only application that you can use, but I recommend you to use the Google reader instead.

Well I too agree that Safari is much more adavanced and has much more better feature than that of Mozilla Firefox , nevertheless I can guide you a bit on this issue , you will have to Close the Safari then open theterminal window which you can open through the application and then in the terminal type the code dscacheutil –flushcache then after pressing the return key you can restart your safariand make your task work done.

Thank you all of you to take out some time of your precious time and replying to my question and the attempts being made to solve this query . However without the intervention of Apple and going through this issue it seems that I will have to use the Safari reaing feature as it is being don e in the Mozilla Firefox , well I do not wish to use the Google reader as it does not actually match with my requirements and I also wanted to say that safari was the only application of Apple that I am facing problem with .