Thread: Unable to set Hotmail as Default Email in Windows 7

Unable to set Hotmail as Default Email in Windows 7

Hi I am using the windows 7 from last few months and mind you it is being serving me the best uptill now. Now the thing here is that I want to keep the hotmail as default one on my windows 7. I have tried to keep the same thing several times but really unable to do it. Does anyone ever have tried doing the same thing if yes then please let me know how to do it and also give me the clear steps that will allow me to keep hotmail as the default one.

Re: Unable to set Hotmail as Default Email in Windows 7

Well here are the steps that will help you to keep hotmail as the default one and also all the mails will be received on it:
    • What you have to do is first click on the start button and then select the default programs options.
    • After that you have to select the set your default programs option.
    • And under that you have to click on the email program that you want to set as the default one.
    • And then click on OK and now the selected program will be the default one for you.
    • Make sure that you restart the system once you finish the setting change.

I was also having the same problem a few days back but got rid of the issue by just following the below mentioned steps:
    1. First you have to download the Registering Hotmail with the Default Programs tool on your system
    2. And then you have to install the same.
    3. After that Run the RegisterHotmail program.
    4. Once the program starts you have to click on the Register Windows Live Hotmail with Default Programs.
    5. And then just click on the OK button which will save the settings for you.
    6. Now again you have to click on the click Set Windows Live Hotmail as the default and that too for the current user
    7. After that just click ok and then just close the Register Hotmail with Default Programs.
    8. I am sure that this one will help you to solve the issue for you.

If you will ask me than I will suggest you to go for the application called Affixa. What you have to do here is that just download the Affixa from the official site and then just install the same on your system. This is the software that will help you to keep any mailing account as the default and also has the tendency to change it whenever it is needed I mean to say that it is so user-friendly that it allows you to change the email account whenever you want keeps the one based on your choice. I hope that this one really satisfies all your needs.