Thread: D-link DSL-2640B router is losing internet connection

D-link DSL-2640B router is losing internet connection

Hey recently I have just got myself this D-link DSL-2640B router. I have been facing connection problems with my D-link DSL-2640B router. All of a sudden my Sony computer lost connection during internet surfing. I am not able to connect to the internet .Before getting this router, my older router works very well. I am really getting frustrated so please suggest me so that I can resolve my router problem …

Re: D-link DSL-2640B router is losing internet connection

The first thing to perform with a connection difficulty is to rest the modem. Nearly all modems have a reset button on back, that be able to clicked with a pin, ect. Though a hard reset is better. the entire a hard reset is, is unplug the power for modem, after doing this you have to count to 10, in addition to plug modem again. Wait for lights to terminate flashing as well as modem to sync up.

To solve your problem you have to start your PC again. Once it powers off, before it powers back on, unplug power to modem. Once PC turns back on as well as starts to power up, then you plug power back on to modem. Essentially this permit modem as well as PC to power back on jointly, and in some cases permit the two to sync up, where as it wouldn’t before.

You have to try to connect your PC to the Internet as well as to the wireless local area network. If the connection is unsuccessful, you have to type the IP address 192.168.1.1 in a browser address bar as well as click "Enter.” after that you have to Type in the username and password to your router if needed.try this once may this will help you to solve your problem…

Try this out you has to adjust the place of the router as well as access point. They are supposed to perfectly be placed centrally among the PC. Since the signal bounces off smooth as well as shiny surfaces, routers plus access points be supposed to be situated away from windows, doors, mirrors along with other metallic surfaces. i hope you will get solve your problem.