Thread: How to get a pop up reminder in Windows Live Calendar

How to get a pop up reminder in Windows Live Calendar

I have got a desktop system , my system configuration is consists of an Intel dual core processor, 1 GB DDR RAM , 320 GB of internal hard drive and an ASUS mother board, I had bought my system around one and half year back, initially I was using Windows Xp operating system on it , but due to advance requirements I upgraded my system to Windows 7 . I had installed windows live mail along with that I had also installed windows live mail calendar. I also had a feature in my previous version then , I mean to say that My preceding windows calendar had pop-up reminders and it was very helpful to me . This version of Windows mail does not have any such feature and pop-ups and it looks like it is just sending mail to windows live mail , but I do not use this feature frequently , in fact I use it occasionally . I want the same pop up reminder feature in my new Windows live , I have posted my question to ask you people is there any way so that I can import the same pop up reminder feature in my new Windows Live version, if you have any idea regarding this then please let me know , I am waiting for your response ?

Re: How to get a pop up reminder in Windows Live Calendar

I consider you are most likely pointing towards the VISTA Windows Calendar which had pop reminders that reminded of important dates of meeting and appointments etc.. Unluckily Windows LIVE Mail/Calendar only sends you an email reminder of forthcoming fixtures which actually is not very supportive unless you just bother to check your email at the correct time. No pop-up. For instance I for all time set the Vista Windows Calendar schedule to start reminding me a few hours before . I had the knack when it popped up to say it to set the reminder me again in 1/2 hr or 10 min ahead, etc. These features in Windows Live Mail/Calendar are almost of no use to me as I am in no doubt they are for not of much of use for most of the , because they send mail for reminders if they want themselves to be reminded one or 2 days before, but unfortunately this does not work in your case .most people out there because they don't pop-up they just send you an email which I suppose is fine if you just want to be reminded a day or more in advance which really doesn't help for appointments.

I hope that Microsoft would make the older version of Windows Mail and Windows Calendar accessible for download to use in the Windows 7. I can see a use for Windows Live on the portable systems such as laptops where mobility is vital but on systems like desktop I think these sort of features are of very little use . Because you do not usually carry your desktop with you ,do you? In case you had a laptop with it would have been a significant feature for you. But you have got a desktop with you so it will not work.

First of all you will have to go to folder options and will have to appear all those files that you have set hidden or protected which is well safe in operating system files and conceal those important files, after deselecting that option you will be able to view a few executable files in that which were hidden before . Then you will have go to that programs folder , and after going to that go to the Windows Mail folder and obtain rights of all the files in there, you will require to do this one file at a occasion and and gain the full access of the folder .

There is one more solution to for this issue n the prospect you may need to create a copy of this folder and maintain it at some location After taking rights and given yourself full access copy all your folders from the Windows Vista's Windows Mail folder , the then you can simply paste in the folder created for a new Windows 7 operating system . Post back if you have any further update or new query on this.