Thread: Removed RSS Feeds folder shows error for Outlook 2011 for Mac

Removed RSS Feeds folder shows error for Outlook 2011 for Mac

After recently switching to outlook 2011 for Mac I got some error from my Exchange server. By mistake I have removed a folder which I can’t remember now properly. But I can imagine that it is something to do with that removed folder itself. Every try for finding that folder was failed. Do you any idea about the following error?
    Could not synchronize record: RSS Feeds to Exchange server: ******
    Details: The folder save operation failed due to invalid property values.

Do you know how to rectify this?

Re: Removed RSS Feeds folder shows error for Outlook 2011 for Mac

I think that you may not about outlook 2011 yet, as you are still a newbie to this. The outlook for Mac doesn’t have the RSS feeds feature, it will not support at all. I think either you have removed the RSS Feed folder that was created from Outlook 2011 under Windows or you might have deleted some other folder. For now you need to get Windows outlook to reproduce it to get rid of this error message. Otherwise there is no such particular reason for this now.

I also completely removed the RSS Feeds folder from my folder structure on the exchange server assuming that it wasn’t important at all. But after started getting unknown error message, I realized that I shouldn’t did that. In my Windows version of outlook, erase is grayed away for the RSS Feeds folder. For that I need to download a GPO pattern, run Group Policy Editor and put out of action RSS for outlook, then may I possibly will remove the RSS Feeds folder. After doing this, the Outlook on the Mac worked without any error. So it is concluded that not only does Outlook for Mac not support RSS but distribution of an exchange account with an outlook client that may split your OL2011 in favor of Mac.

I think there will not be any error if you just remove the folder. In case if you completely deleted the folder then of course you may get it. The Exchange server provider (Rackspace) was capable to re-create the folders. First you need to remove the account from Outlook 2011 preferences. After that re-add it again in the same manner you do it in Windows version. This process may take a while but the error may get resolved.