Thread: Skype, built-in microphone does not work anymore

Skype, built-in microphone does not work anymore

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS12M laptop. Previously I had Windows Vista on it and no problems in Skype. However, since I have Windows 7, I cannot hear my Skype partner. I've already tried all things that I found on the Internet about this issue with me, however nothing worked! As far as I know all the important drivers are installed. At least, it shows the device manager does not indicate that a driver is missing or not would be up to date. In the audio settings of Skype is the microphone volume on high and it beats out too. And Skype itself also says my microphone is working properly. Does anyone know more of you? I have Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit version.

Re: Skype, built-in microphone does not work anymore

If you are in Skype on Actions -> Options -> (General ->) go audio settings - your mic is listed and shows the volume bar below to something? Or is listed another microphone device?

You can even try if you can use the Windows Sound Recorder to record something. You can find it under Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Sound Recorder. Take it to say something bissl in and listen to you then if you hear something.

If you hear something with the microphone should be fine and the driver then I see no problems.

Thank you for the answer! 've Just added something and it works!

In Skype's volume bar normally has always displayed , but now it displays nothing and is set to Low, though I have changed nothing. Can I choose between the microphone (High Definition Audio) and Microphone (High Definition Audio) (2). I've also tried both, but none of them worked. But somewhere in the settings it must lie's then, right?

Hmmm yes that sounds then as if at least the microphone in order.

I just wonder why since two audio devices even though only a presence. I had something like that but once in another PC - in this case, then the second device works perfectly.

Try going in the audio settings on the Advanced Options. changed replace if necessary times to try to restart my skype and Guggenheim which - as is that Skype has always used the one that is at the top of the list.

I'm now back on the microphone Microphone (High Definition Audio) made and suddenly you go. No idea why I did so before even trying.

One probably had the microphone until somehow "activated" or so, through the recording? No idea .. In any case, it works now. Thank you

It is not at all - or again not only for Skype? So I would try with a fresh installation of Skype, or - it seems to be one of the two devices of skype - delete the driver completely and install a new current. Possibly there is a list in Device Manager 2 different driver / device?