Thread: How to Sync Calendars in Outlook 2011 with ICal

How to Sync Calendars in Outlook 2011 with ICal

I am work in an office and my most of the work is related on the email. For that reason I use outlook as my primary Email client in my Mac pro. But recently I have upgraded the previous version of outlook to 2011 hoping that I would get some additional feature. As imagined I got most of the features I expected. There is nothing to complain about it. The main feature I still not able to find is sync with iCal. Every mac users needs this option. Because most users uses ical to sync with their phone. So I am looking for a way to perform this. I hope that this feature has been included in outlook 2001. If it is not existed in this edition then is there any way to do this?

Re: How to Sync Calendars in Outlook 2011 with ICal

I don’t know whether you are going to believe it or not. I couldn’t able to find this feature too. So we can assume that the Microsoft has not included this in their new mac edition. The only possible sync is contacts. But it is not enough, because in these modern days we carry smartphones everywhere and the data should be with us at that time. But by far I find a best solution for this. The combination of Mobile me and apple apps (ical and AB) I can able to sync my iMac with my ipad as well as iphone. I am looking for a better way to accomplish this with other devices and I think in feature we will get this.

I order to sync you need an Exchange account. If you don’t have one then you will need to know that there is no other calendar sync existing for syncing calendar procedures to iCal or iPhone. Some says that his feature is included in upcoming update but I don’t whether it is 100% true or false. We know only when we get it. Till then you have only 4 options and those are wait for an upgrade, Make use of entourage for Email, use iCal for your default calendar and the last one is switch to apple mail.

There is no approach to sync straightly amid whichever edition of Office and MobileMe. If the innovative Outlook is comparable to Entourage that it puts back, you have to revolve on SyncServices maintain in its fondness to sync it through Address Book and iCal, and then resting on to MobileMe. You'd be more affluent asking over in the Office forums for further help, as SyncServices support is somewhat that Microsoft wishes to integrate keen on Outlook and is unrelated with MobileMe.