Thread: Error Message "host pop3 could not be found" Unable to view inbox in Outlook 2010

Error Message "host pop3 could not be found" Unable to view inbox in Outlook 2010

I get an error message that prevents me from seeing if I have messages in my inbox with "Outlook 2010". Here's the message:

host pop3 could not be found
    POP3 (1), Server: POP3, Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure (SSL). No, socket error 11001.
    Error: Ox800CCCOD.
    Need to know how can i solve this error. Its very urgent since i receive a number of emails on different email accounts. Please fix the issue.

Re: Error Message "host pop3 could not be found" Unable to view inbox in Outlook 2010

I had this problem sending error message but now it's ok except maybe for the message with large attachments (it's due to my poor internet connection).
    • It will first of all configure your mail server, yahoo clear language (I use yahoo classic).
    • enter your Inbox.
    • click Options
    • Click Forwarding and POP access
    • enable Web access and POP [POP Settings]
    • Access Yahoo! Mail using the browser and mail program locally (eg Outlook, Eudora, Netscape) via POP3.
    • if you click on [POP Settings] it gives you to put ports in Outlook Express then
    • click OK
    • It should be fixed now.

Re: Error Message "host pop3 could not be found" Unable to view inbox in Outlook 2010

For configuration of Outlook Express should the following parameters (with yahoo account for example):
    SERVERS:
    • Incoming mail (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com
    • Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    • Account Name: enter here your email account
    • Password: type your password
    • Select Remember password
    • do not check connection using Secure Password Authentication.
    • check my server requires authentication parameters and retype email and password and do not check connection using Secure Password Authentication
    CONNECTION
    indicate the default Internet connection that you use

Thanks for replying me because i have configured the yahoo mail account on my outlook. But i have stucked half a way the step which you have mentioned helped me to get yahoo configured half a way. But after that also it is asking me enter few more settings like the Outgoing mail or SMTP and the Incoming mail or POP3. I have searched for it a lot but am not able to find it out. Please tell me how to get the problem fixed or suggest me the advanced setting parameters.