Thread: How to sync email in Outlook 2011 with iPhone 4

How to sync email in Outlook 2011 with iPhone 4

I heard about several issues regarding the syncing among Outlook 2011 and some Apple products. Right now you can sync contacts and after or soon in future you will able to sync calendar also, but what about synching Emails. Before I never mentioned this issue because it was no use at all but now after buying iphone 4 it seems to be that I really need to be synchronized. I am looking for a solution for my contacts, emails and if probable then calendar on my Mac pro and iphone 4 as well as over the web. So I think I should I bought the blackberry so that we can make use of it in any or whatever platform and it should I sync without any interference. What do you say about this? Is this the only solution I am left now?

Re: How to sync email in Outlook 2011 with iPhone 4

Yes it is possible to sync anything including email in outlook and your iphone or any other mobile device but you cannot make it through Outlook and your system. So I think you should go for an alternative way. When you are configuring Mobile Me account configure it as a POP account instead of IMAP account. Now set up mobileMe in outlook in addition to your mobile or any device. First the Server has been synchronized by the IMAP account and then changes in one location will sync to the server and then goes for other location. I am hoping that this method will be probably going to work for you.

I think it is possible for you to sync emails. What you have to do is use Syncservice within outlook 2011. I think it will sync up with your Address Book. If you are using Gmail account as your primary mail then it will be easy. You can use Google Sync service for iphone or ipad for sync Gmail, calendar and contacts. You just need to set Gmail on your phone. Once it has properly set up then it will work in background automatically. Any changes will also push to your phone when they occur at a instance of time. You don’t need to do it manually.

The reason behind is that Outlook 2011 has the similar kind of sync services as that we can see in Entourage. As far as I know as a sudden caution despite the fact that,, it does not make use of MAPI for Exchange to any further extent, this implies no further OWA connection to exchange (though it requires Exchange 2007 sp2) or higher.

I think you can sync Emails as well as contacts. If you cannot make it using the direct sync method you can make it in manual method like drag and drop. Otherwise you can also use the third party software in outlook 2011 to make it possible. You can also use the direct web access sync service from several Email clients. The only thing still yet not possible to sync is Calendar in Mac OS X. I hope that in future all of these issues get resolved.