Thread: Magicjack VOIP via a USB hub

Magicjack VOIP via a USB hub

I have got a desktop computer. I am an It student though I do not have much of idea about the hardware and the networking devices we are using , I was concerned about the Voip and the peripherals used to provide such of services. I know a device that provides such service named as Majicjack ,can you please tell me about the connectivity i. e how it provides services via USB hub.

Re: Magicjack VOIP via a USB hub

VoIP is the short form of Voice over IP , it is a technology that enables broadcast of voice over a channel that uses an Internet protocol in form of packets. IP Telephony is an instant appliance of this knowledge in a method that permits the use of regular telephone calls over IP protocol or other data networks using a machine . If you want more information on this technology you can get more from Voice over IP.

MagicJack is a tool that connects with the system into a USB port on the user's system, and utilizes a typical RJ-11 phone jack into which any normal phone can be plugged. This permits the consumer to do a phone calls to approximately anywhere around It is a computer device that, in grouping with telephony service from the connected with YMAX Corporation, renders Internet-based telephone service to the countries such as United States and Canada. The organization’s principal merchandise is a USB device that holds both the application compulsory to place Internet-based telephone calls via a high speed internet connection , sustaining traditional land line telephones to be connected directly into the device.

Although it renders a very nice service it has only one disadvantage for magicjack is that you require to keep your system on at all times. But I think it will work with on the USB port of the Netgear router you are having if you are connecting it with a USB hub?. But I am not sure whether you will have similar sort of service. Please check with the specification and revert back.

andraljacob Guest

About 6 weeks after your Magic Jack, I started having problems with it. First, do not stay continuously connected to start up and make long distance calls can be cheap and easy disappearing.Making now Magic Jack. Government through the company website is available in many stores.
    Last edited by andraljacob; 21-12-2010 at 08:38 AM.