Thread: Windows Vista unable to browse the network

Windows Vista unable to browse the network

Hi, I want to ask you now have a problem with windows Vista professional network connected to a Windows 2003 domain. When I browse the network only shows the name of my pc is running NetBIOS over TCP / IP, the Computer Browser service is running, I activated the usefulness of mapping I / O LLTD through Group Policy, I disabled the firewall and defender, as I have antivirus console, addresses ip is manually configured with the correct dns server. I checked the network connection is active and the identification of voice networks on all 3 profiles. Now that there is some bangs his head looking for solutions, but I find nothing to do. Exclude a priori that the server has problems because it is configured like so many others under my supervision that does not give me problems with PCs running Windows Vista any suggestions to solve the problem?

Re: Windows Vista unable to browse the network

Same issue and here I just want to explain it little bit in detail in this the network is working absolutely properly; I connected the server's disk. In the network on the left where I view the resources of the computer, it gives me all 4 shares properly connected, if I select it by fine. At the top where I search with active directory, and I choose the computer, I find them all easily. Why I cannot understand seems fully functional heck.

Here I just want some of the information from your side and please give me this as soon as it is possible for you. You will not find anything except Network itself at the time when you start your computer? Have you get any kind of slow response times from the network? And what about the DNS? What is happened at the time when you disable or remove (for safety is better) the antivirus?

When the network on the desktop or Start menu, I only see myself. The network has no latency, extended ping do not detect any packet loss. Has a card up to 1GB switch. And here I want to know that what do you mean for long periods of response for the dns? The virus is a simple client that I have already uninstalled sophos but without success, then reinstalled.