Thread: Mails are repeatedly downloaded-POP3

Mails are repeatedly downloaded-POP3

Hello friends I am regular user of hotmail account with the help of pop3 in my MS outlook 2007. And I have suffered with the issue of abruptly and mechanically my all old mails starts downloading and this result into the unwanted duplication of my message in my inbox it takes the unnecessary space and also enlarge of .pst file volume. Please guide me that how I can solve the problem of unnecessary duplication my mail. Please help me with proper suggestion.

Re: Mails are repeatedly downloaded-POP3

I am not quite confident but there may be the chances that I have newly observe, is if the mail application is downloading the message and due to any reason it is detached earlier than it has the probability to reply to the server that the message downloading has been completed. As the server didn’t have any information of complete download after connecting it will again send the same message to the user.

My problem is identical with above problem. From a day ago I and also some of my friends are receiving the same message again and again. As I have got one mail at 12: 00 am then after half an hour I have got the same mail again I thought this might be second time that my friend has by mistake posted me the same message. I have called my friend he has directly refused me for second time sending the same message. In the mean time I have received the same message again then I got shocked. I have tried to reset my account but failed to work. And also I am not able to delete that message from my mail box. So please help me in solving this critical issue I will be really thankful for all of you.

Certainly POP3 you will be authorized to delete the email if it has received a completely and QUIT control after the entire other processing has been complete. And it will not actually erase something after a delete control, if it has certain part yet to be sending. And if the Message-id title that you have recorded of the second copy emails. If the header is the same, then it might be the issue of POP3. And if different at that time it might be the problem of SMTP at one end.