Thread: Internet Explorer 8 tab is not visible but works in the background

Internet Explorer 8 tab is not visible but works in the background

When I press the key Ctrl+t; I can see that the new tabs are getting opened in the Internet Explorer 8. When I want to go back previous tab the old tabs are not visible in browser window. I have noticed that all the tabs are working fine in the background. When closing the browser window it asks for closing the tabs this indicates the tabs are working in the Background. I have tried changing the themes of the Windows and I have tried the applying the Window Classic Styles but that too cannot help here. After restarting the browser I have seen that the task bard appears but when I try to click on the Tabs I see them getting disappeared.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 tab is not visible but works in the background

Do the following steps to rectify the problem
    • You must be login as Admin of the System
    • Click the Tool of the Internet Explorer8 window
    • Select the Internet Options from it
    • Select the Security Tab on the Screen you will see Change or View the Security settings.
    • There will be 4 Option to Select Internet, local Intranet, Trusted Site and Restricted Sites.
    • Select the Local Intranet & Click on the Custom Level
    • Click on Security Tab of the Screen, Select the Custom Level
    • Select & install Active X Control

I was suffering from the same situation. I have searched on the Google and finally got the solution from one of the site. Following steps solved my problem; you may also apply the same. All the best! Do you have a GPO to "enable classic shell”, you can check here”User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Explorer: Enable Classic Shell”, If you do then that sometimes implies no tabbed browsing by default

I was also facing the same problem with Internet Explorer8.All the tricks failed to rectify my problem, then you can follow the below mention steps. This was a trick worked in my case I hope it will work in your system. Open Internet Option in the Internet Option Unchecked “Enable Tabbed Browsing” Close the browser & Restart the Computer .Again open the Internet Explorer8 ,recheck the “Enable tabbed browsing”

I think Internet Explorer 8 has GUI which uses the DLL of Browser. There are 2 primary level parts viz. Browserui.dll and Shdocvw.dll, another three second level components are Mshtml.dll, Urlmon.dll, and WinInet.dll. I have installed some security software in my machine. That security software hooks the browser shell. It prevents the correct functionality of the browser when it is installed & uninstalled. I will suggest you to uninstall all the security software and Internet explorer and then restart your computer .Then after the system restarts precede with installation process since some application may have dependency on IE8.

This problem may occur if you are using the internet Explorer 6.I am confident that you are using Internet Explorer 6 with the theme of Internet Explorer 8. It may possible that it may contain the version 6 files. It needs the cipher Strength of 128 bit. If you want to check the versions of it, do the following steps. Click on Help menu of the IE. Click on the about button you will get the current version of the IE. Version of 6 IE does not have option: Open in a new tab while right clicking on the link. If you want to overcome this problem do the following. Insert the Operating Systems CD in to your CD-ROM. Navigate to the C:\Windows\inf, Click on the i386 folder and wait till system repair is not done. Restart the system. I think you can have the option: Open in a new tab when you right click on the Hyperlink