Thread: Unable to stop Windows Live Messenger from automatically starting at login

Unable to stop Windows Live Messenger from automatically starting at login

Hello friends, I currently got the latest computer with Windows 7 upgraded in it. When I started Windows Live Mail I ended up having Windows Live Messenger automatically loading when I log in and I don't wish for it to do. I also unable to locate the icon on the task bar to right click. I had created the two user profiles on to my computer system and I only want to end it on one of the profiles. what can be the better solution to fix this issue.

Re: Unable to stop Windows Live Messenger from automatically starting at login

Go on to the user account where you doesn’t want Windows Live Messenger to start with Windows: initially go on to the Windows Live Messenger and sigh in, secondly show the menu which is on top right, below the X to close it. Now on to the menu option select the tools options, from that select the General option. You will now observe where you can disable the startup with Windows in your user account.

To eradicate a exact program in Windows from starting with the computer you can do it one of two ways. First click to the "Start" menu, in that click to the control panel, go to the category view and click to the Change Startup Programs. One time "Windows Defender" starts click "Show for all users" close to the underneath of the window. User Account Control will message you for the authorization to go on; if so then click "Continue" if the UAC did not appear then it may have been disabled. Also please confirm the drop-down category list says "Startup Programs". At this time all you have to do is just appear at the list on the left-hand portion of the window and every time you click an entry, a description will be displayed on the right. Once you locate the entry you want to "Disable" you can now click "Disable", if you want to both "Disable" it and "Remove" it from this list then you can highlight it and click "Remove". Once you have the catalog to your liking then just close the window, You can now also "Log Off" otherwise "Restart" the PC. Once it restarts make sure that Windows Live Messenger does not start, if it does in that case there may be a location inside Windows Live Messengers' options that is allowing this setting to be added again to the registry, locate it and disable it.

To the best of my awareness I initiate this solution. First you go into the options and in that select the "Security" tab. This will provide you a list of options and one of them says somewhat to the affect of "Open Windows Live Messenger when I click a link on a webpage that tries to interrelate with Windows Live Messenger." Make sure that this is unchecked, and click apply, and use Windows Live Messenger when you want it. Also note down to disable the option to start the messenger when Windows opens in the "Sign In" tab, even though I am sure you have all complete that by now.

After you start up, you can organize Windows Messenger not to startup with Windows again. Here is how; Click on Tools from that select the Options menu, now on the left pane, select Sign In, and then Uncheck the “Automatically run Windows Messenger when I log on to my Windows”. After it restart the system and then see whether it works for you or not.