Thread: Internet Options gives "Not Responding" message

Internet Options gives "Not Responding" message

I am having problem with the internet option on my computer. Whenever I try to change anything in the settings of the internet option then it shows me message “Not responding”. For an example, If I try to add any site under Security / Trusted Sites tab and after that when I click Ok button then it shows me that message. What is happening with it? Please suggest me that what should I do to resolve this problem. I will thankful all the replies.

Re: Internet Options gives "Not Responding" message

I think that your Internet Explorer is corrupted and which is creating problem in changing the options. According to me you need to install the Internet Explorer again to fix this problem. It will create all the new files for this and may solve the problem for you. I am saying this to you because a month back, I was not able to connect the internet and not able to change anything in the settings. I tried many things to solve that so finally when I installed Internet Explorer 8 in my computer then it solves the problem for me. From then, I never got such issues. So search for this on internet and download the setup for this. Install it to your computer and this will remove your problem.

Internet option is nothing but a part of the Internet explorer. There are hijackers Trojans which h can affect the Internet option. If that is the case then you should install any usual spyware removers and scan the entire system with that. Remove all the bugs that it detects on your computer. There are many spyware removers available on internet. You can select the one with good rating and this may make your internet option to work.

You can try to use Comodo Anti-Malware in your computer. One of my friends was also getting the similar type of problem and was not able to solve that. Finally he installed this software and when he scanned the system then it detected 28 threads in that. After removing that it prompts him to reboot the system. He did the same and it solves 5he problem. You should also try this and I hope that this will do the same for you. Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Sheenas; 12-12-2010 at 12:27 AM.

I don’t understand that why you are using the Internet Explorer. As for as I know that it will give you slow internet browsing, even if you manage to resolve this issue. My suggestion to you is to leave the browser as it is as it does not create any other problem. Download the browsers like Firefox, google chrome, operamini and there are many more but these are the browser which is widely used. Install it to your computer and I am sure that after this you will never switch back to Internet Explorer.

OK, you can try to reinstall or update the existing internet browser and there are more chances that this will solve the problem for you but it case that it is not able to resolve the problem then you have to reinstall the operating system. Insert the OS CD in your computer and give a clean install by booting from that CD. Before doing that you should make sure that you have tried all the other possible solutions for this and make this as the last option for you.