Thread: Need to create new mailbox user in child domain in Exchange

Need to create new mailbox user in child domain in Exchange

I Need to create new mailbox user in child domain in Exchange . I have my office in two different cities. Assume them Site1 as well as Site2. Windows 2003 AD as well as Exchange 2003 is installed on Site1.Our site-to-site is functioning between site1 as well as site2. At the moment we desire to generate child domain at site2. My query is would we know how to make client mailbox as well in site2 with no installing exchange server? I imply is there something we have on the way to perform at site2 so as to make use of exchange server installed at site1? Many thanks for some assist!

Re: Need to create new mailbox user in child domain in Exchange

Your issue seems to be terrible. Can I request why you are trying on the way to install a latest domain on your site 2? Why not roll out your existing one as well as yet include a local exchange server? In my understanding there is not frequently a require for numerous domains inside one company presently for the reason that of environmental location. Correct make use of of sites as well as yours will cover up the majority eventualities except it is password policy related.

I also have troubles making a new mailbox client or else adding up a mailbox to an accessible client in the child domain. I did not understand this earlier than. I was capable of creating the mailbox intended for both the parent as well as child domains until end week.The servers are normally updated as a result I cannot decide if an update may possibly have source this. Each and every one existing mailbox consumer crossways the forest
    does not have any troubles sending as well as receiving email. Just the ones that I require to create/enable for the child domain that is experiencing the trouble.

Are you preparing your own domain by means of W2k3SP1 DC - it will function - on the other hand MSFT has obviously stated that to make use of E2k7 functionality in a few domain - you need to have at slightest one W2k3SP1. As a result my expect on this one - It will not work . I’ll attempt to observe if I be able to discover a documents on the way to support what I presently said - no problem you may have time on the way to put into practice this in your environment, therefore hang up on for several time previous to you jump in for installation.

Just an update to my difficulty:I am using windows xp service pack 2. So today I have uninstalled and installed SP1 as well as it resolve the 'new mailbox user' error. I be able to at the moment create/assign mailboxes to each and every one client in the forest. I estimate it may possibly be one of the updates that I installed previous to. On the other hand, the 'canonical' trouble is still there.

The prep instructions that are targeted for each and every one domains such as preparealldomains as well as PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions will go all the way through every domain as well as attempt on the way to position the 2003 SP1+ DC. If it does not discover this, it will allow you be familiar with however will still go all the way through furthermore plan further domains effectively if they are contactable as well as they meet up the necessities.