Thread: DOS attack while accessing internet

DOS attack while accessing internet

I have got a desktop computer, I know that internet is the network of networks and since it is a world web of and connects globally so it is also prone to lots of attacks , and from which the most common is the Virus attack , I am aware of that and have been suffered to such type of attacks a lot of time and I am well capable of handling them , but for the first time I had heard about the DOS attack , if anybody has idea about these types of attacks then please let me know .

Re: DOS attack while accessing internet

A denial-of-service attack also called as and even is known by the name distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an effort to make a computer supply and resources objected from its to its intentional or legitimate users. Although this attempt may be carried out, with different motivations and objective , it usually comprise of the intensive attempts of from accessing any service

One common technique of this type of attack includes saturating the objected machine with different types of requests which are made externally , so that it cannot penetrate and give response to a legal traffic, or responds so slowly as to be given effectively not available.. So I think In general terms, DoS attacks are initiated by either forcing the victim’s computer to reset, or overwhelming its resources .

Denial-of-service attacks is one of the from of a cyber crime and violates and IT law, normally it violates two types of laws one which is made under the international IT act and the other is meant for the ISP service provider . Because once the user is deprived from the Denial of service attack then the user is without any hesitation going to contact the ISP service provider.

How do you diagnose that the attack :
    • It may sometime happen that even after the proper recognition of DoS or DDoS attack, it is doubtful that you are competent enough to verify the definite target or source of attack. The solution to this problem is that you should be in proper contact with professionals for guidance.
    • If you come to know that you are not access your own records or arrive at any external websites from your own computer, then in such a case you should immediately get in touch with your network administrator. This signifies that your computer or your company’s computer is being attacked.
    • If you are facing the same problem in your home computer that is your personal then it is better to contact your internet service provider as soon as possible. If your Internet service provider found any problem in your computer, then your internet service provider may give you proper guidance in such a case.

When the spammer uses the Denial- of-service attack, such spammer can stop invalid user from looking for information or services. By aiming the computer and its network connection, or computer and network of sites, the user is trying to utilize an attacker will become competent to stop you from accessing emails, websites, online account or any such kind of services that depends on affected computer.The DOS attack that is most apparent and is commonly appears when the attacker overflows a network with information. When for the use of particular website you type a URL, the user is actually asking to the website server of that computer to have a look on the page. After doing so the server then only can ahead for such number of request at once, so when the attacker floods the server with such request it can’t continue with your request. This is a Denial-of-service as you can’s access that website. When an attacker want to begin with a similar attack in your email account, then in such a case the attacker can use spam email messages. Whether you are having an email account which is provided to by the employer where you are working at or an email account which is provided by free websites such as yahoo or hotmail, there is allocation of specific limit of the amount of data that can be included in your email account at that point of time. By transferring large number of emails or of huge quantity, helps an attacker to utilize your given quota, which would prevent you from getting valid messages.

In a dispersed denial-of-service attack, an attacker can make utilization of your computer in order to attack another computer. An attacker could have command over your computer by taking the benefit of security’s weakness. After that the attacker can oblige your computer to transfer very large amount of data to a website or may also transfer spam to any particular email addresses. Then in such a case the attack is dispersed since the attacker is making utilization of various computers, which includes yours to open denial-of-attack service.
    How can you prevent this sort of attacks :
    Unluckily, there are no efficient ways which would help us to avoid being the sufferer of DoS or DDoS, apart from that there are certain ways which would help us to decreases the chances that an attacker can utilize your computer to attack any other computers. These ways are:
    • Install and retain antivirus software.
    • Install firewall and organize it to restrict traffic coming into and which are departing from your computer.
    • Maintain proper security practices spreading your email address. If you make use of email filters, it may help you to avoid unnecessary traffic.