Thread: Cracking voice on VOIP with NETGEAR WNR 2000

Cracking voice on VOIP with NETGEAR WNR 2000

I have running a small business and for that I need to installed VOIP connection by using NETGEAR WNR 2000 cable router and then for some days its working fine but before few days I am facing the problem with the voice clarity , I can’t get the proper voice from the front party and same with the receiver who can’t hear my voice properly . I don’t know why is this happening I have checked my cable settings it was ok, I have also checked my hardware which we use to communicate its working with the other system but not with my VOIP connection so if anybody having idea what should is do then please let me know and give some tips for proper installations tips for NETGEAR WNR 2000.

Re: Cracking voice on VOIP with NETGEAR WNR 2000

I can’t tell you where the exact problem in this is because in VOIP consists lots of cable and long network connections but I can definitely tell you there steps for installing your VOIP connection properly.Remove your router from its power plug and detach it from your computer. And turn off your computer.
    Attach your IAD to the router with an LAN cable. Put the cable into the port tag WAN on the IAD and into one of the ports on the router that has small numbers right above it.Connect your computer into the router with one more LAN cable. Plug the cable into the LAN port on the computer and into one more one of the numbered ports on the router.Join the router to a power plug. Stop for several minutes until the router is completely started up.Turn on the computer on once the router is running. After the computer starts up, plug the IAD's power cord into an outlet.Connect a telephone wire into the port labeled Phone. fix the other point of the phone wire to a phone.Join the phone to a power outlet if it is a cordless set.

There might be chances of problem in your restore factory settings. Search the button on the back side of the router. Use a tiny, pointed thing to press on the button and grip it down for five seconds or until the start up light blinking. If this not working then restart your network. Turn off your modem and unplug it. Now connect the modem again in power plug and wait for few minutes .Start the router back on and stop for two minute. Start all computers using the wireless connection and verify for connectivity.
    If still not getting then contact to the service provider

In Netgear there are several settings that are you need to do and also mainly make sure that the entire cables are plugged in safely. Ensure that the Internet condition light is on to be sure that the modem is correctly connected to the router. Make sure that a light is on for each port that has a computer connected to it using an LAN cable.Test the settings on all wireless computers and the router to make confirmation that they are exactly the same. Make sure the network name or SSID and the security key settings of the router are the similar as the name and key on the computer. Check that the computer's MAC address is listed in the allowed connections If you are using the MAC address filtering function of the router.

Here you can take back of firm ware by restoring the router's firmware. Make sure the PC and router are connected and powered on. Put the source CD that came packaged with the WNR2000 into the CD drive of the computer. Select "Supporting Software" and then "Netgear Firmware Recovery tool" when the Autorun screen come. Follow the onscreen order to restore the firmware; follow a second set of onscreen instructions to restore your configuration after the firmware restoration is complete.