Thread: How to disable the ehome infrared transceiver

How to disable the ehome infrared transceiver

I have encompassed a TX2650 notebook working with vista home preinstalled. I often utilize it in my living room where an additional apparatus is working with media center and is enthusiastic up to my TV. By means of the intention of apparatus has a media center remote and media center keyboard. On the other hand when I utilize moreover of those my notebook in addition reacts to those apparatus. How be able to I turn off the infrared receiver on the notebook so it determine to not perform rogue actions when it is twisted on and I am utilizing my media center in my living room. I have comprised and endeavor put out of action the apparatus in device manager additional than by means of the intention of alternative is greyed out for the Ehome infrared transceiver (on the other hand this was probable in windows XP). When I eliminate the apparatus commencing device manager the notebook no longer responds to the infrared apparatus additional than when I restart the notebook the apparatus driver is reinstalled. I immediately necessitate to be capable to put out of action and facilitate this apparatus at my own command so I be able to desire when the notebook determine to react to infrared devices and when it determine to not I desire to put out of action and facilitate the Microsoft eHome infrared transceiver device when I desire, how do I achieve this.

Re: How to disable the ehome infrared transceiver

I was presently searching Google for a respond to this for an additional discussion user here and originate you in addition are giving the impression of being to put out of action IR too. Not certain if you have comprised and come across this although and tried it. I have comprised and endeavor it myself cause do not have comprised the necessitate to put out of action it additional than it might be helpful for you. I have comprised the whole thing installed and FFXI runs extremely well w/o windower, additional than when I utilize windows it crashes subsequent to the POL "Play" screen. Gives me by means of the intention of message from vista that it has encountered a problem and must exit window. I have encompassed and misrepresented immediately regarding the complete thing to "Run this program as an Administrator" and "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" and shit tranquil does not run.

I had endeavor put out of action the entire Infra Red devices in the Device Manager (Microsoft eHome particularly if you encompass it) if by means of the intention of does not run you are one of the people who not be able to run windows and encompass to revolutionize OS or play without it I uninstalled "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver", subsequently it asks me to restart system which I do. Then when I come reverse on, it auto installs it the entire in excess of again (Says updating drivers or incredible then says it's ready for utilize does not give me the alternative to cancel download. How be able to I turn off auto to bring up to date for the drivers. I twisted off windows Auto update in the "Windows Update" image in the control panel. Restarted the system and it tranquil to bring up to date drivers, consequently installing "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" the entire in excess of again.

Ok well I had put out of action the entire the HID Compliant Devices by means of the intention of went w/ "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver". No luck. Guess I determine to endeavor to uninstall the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" the entire in excess of again and endeavor to create it not reinstall itself subsequent to restarting system Do not Uninstall. Windows determine to inaugurate it right back (By the way, XP does the similar thing), immediately put out of action the infrared apparatus. I went to Device Manager and originate the Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver, additional than it's not giving me the alternative to "put out of action" it. The disable alternative is there when I right hit it off, additional than it is gray/faded out. It's merely giving me the alternative to "uninstall", "update driver software" "scan for hardware changes" and "properties".

That's for the reason by means of the intention of your working with Windows Vista 64 bit and the gui launcher is endeavoring to have right of entry the 32 bit registry keys. They exist in a dissimilar location on windows 64 almost immediately the launcher you encompass to make sure the "x64" check box in organize for it to be capable to read and write to ffxi registry, if the make sure box is not checkered and you are working with windows 64 it determine to throw by means of the intention of error. As for your tribulations by means of clicking play, create certain by means of the intention of Square Enix's windows is not facilitated in the ffxi config tool. If you are utilizing windows, then the built in windows square make available (in ffxi config) requirements to be off.

I am extremely much endeavoring to put out of action the Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver commencing from the Device Manager. I have encompassed and run the DM as an administrator, I open up the HID register, and, as I consider, on my laptop (HP DV6) there are two drivers working by means of the intention of facilitate this infrared "transceiver", the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" and "ENE CIR Receiver". When I right hit it off on these apparatus there is no put out of action alternative similar to approximately each additional apparatus, and when I open up the properties window for every one the put out of action button is, well, put out of action and greyed out. Aside commencing from uninstalling these drivers which I actually do not desire to do for the reason by means of the intention of I utilize the remotes quite often additional than the drivers get in the method of games.