Thread: How to specify webcam with IP address

How to specify webcam with IP address

Having a dell inspiron laptop running with windows 7 platform, which I basically use for the internet access to some of my official and sometimes used to make personal works like internet access along with that text and video chatting. The laptop is configured with a cheap web cam. Which is works fine with the inter access. I am here to get tricks to overcome from the problem which I am facing in the web cam. While I was conducting video chat with my fried the camera simply crashed and stopped working. I instantly reboot the machine but still the problem is there. Is there anyone having any solution for this problem? Along with that I want to know, how can I configure the web cam with my machine IP address? Any input regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to specify webcam with IP address

According to my opinion this problem sounds as the driver issue, I suggest you to remove the driver application that you installed in your machine for the web cam. This might be corrupted or damaged. So to un-install the driver locate that one from control panel click on remove button, which will situate in the top of the window. Now go through the re-installation process. Run the installation file and follow the onscreen instructions to do this operation. go through this it will definitely help you to solve the web cam problem.

There is a software application which is used to set the web cam with the IP address. I did with this program, set my integrated web cam with my machine IP address. So for that you need to download and install Digi Watcher in your machine, now start the camera along with that open the application window of the software, this might be ask you for the registration, click on remind me later and the a pop-up windows will open in the screen. It contains the list of video device’s which is attached in your machine. locate the device which you are using and click on configure option, there you need to put some of the information’s like the IP address etc. and from the next window select play option and then select "Start Broadcasting” button. A link will appear in the browser windows or the address path, not down that link and from than enjoy accessing web cam through the IP address.

I would also like to inform you there is another software application is available in different web sites named as Yawcam. This program application is also used to specify any internal or external webcam with the internet service or the IP address of the using machine. Download and install this one from available web site and open the application window. If you are having any external web cam then before run the application plug the camera with the USB port and wait till the machine will give you the information of recognizing the web cam hardware. Now from the display device option locate the webcam name that you are using and configure with the IP address by inserting the address in appropriate place. Go for this, this is a good software application to setup a web cam with the machine IP address.

Another webcam specification software, which I am using, which will help you to specify with your machine IP address, it is named as “WebCam Monitor”. You need to download this one from the web site. If your are having a integrated web cam attached with your machine then by this software application you can easily configure with your machine. Install the application and open the application window (this application is free trial), after open this you need to click on "Continue Free Trial", when this option will prompt into your screen. In that windows look for the add camera option, click on it and select the camera that you are using, you can also attach an external camera with the application. Select the camera which is attached with your machine and click Next. From the drop down list select the device name. by this if you are willing to attach nay audio I/O device, then you need to select that device name, a preview option is there, which is used to get the revert of the action that you made. Now open the application, by default the audio and video device that are configured with the application, which shown to you. In the bottom of the screen there will be a url will locate, insert this one into your program interface.