Thread: wifi access fail on my laptop

wifi access fail on my laptop

Does anyone have experience with wireless Internet access network. I received a PC Card with the option of either HSDPA / UMTS / EDGE / GPRS and WiFi Internet. Is the reception smoothly or are there many dropouts or reception gaps? I am getting the site on Heather Lane 35 have. I once read that there is to be wireless hotspots on the beach, but who will have his laptop to the beach .Unfortunately, I have no idea Looking for what I have, and what I need everything to make it compatible with our system.

Re: wifi access fail on my laptop

The wireless Internet access is all the rage. About 40 percent of households with Internet access in the world used according to the Federal Association for Information Technology, Telecommunications and New Media (Bmp) 2008 a so-called wireless LAN (WLAN). This enables wireless surfing anywhere in the home, garden or on the balcony. Not always, but the operation is running smoothly. "Disturbs addition to errors when a connection is often the low speed," It says most popular person John Endres of the computer magazine.

Whenever this problem has came. Does not compulsory it is a wireless issues, it can have simple causes: First, it should be given to whether the wireless function of the computer is on. "Or is it quite simply when I make a mistake, In this case, the password should be in both the operating system and in the router itself checked and reset if necessary. Remedy can create modern routers. Instead of typing long keys by hand, new devices at the touch of a button in the WLAN are integrated. The technical term for this is Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).

If all goes well and the wireless still does not work, may be due to the radio situation on the ground. "Spark the home Wi-Fi and WLANs in the neighborhood on the same or adjective channels, they interfere with each other," explained Manfred Breul from Bitkom. Depending on how strong the signal from the neighbors, this can lead to the fact that the WLAN does not work anymore. He advises to choose a free channel as possible. "Also keep on top of at least five channels to the channel spacing of their neighbors. Function this on Channel 1, select channel 6 or more 7,"

An overview of the utilization of channels allows you to get with free programs such as WLAN-Info. For the usable frequency range in Germany should in any case, only channels 1, 7 or 13 can be set. Occupies one channel between them, to make a limited usability of the frequency range for others.Another possible source of error is Breul According to the used frequency band. "The majority of WLAN equipment uses 2.4 GHz. But there are also devices that use the 5 GHz frequency band. In this case, I must ensure that all devices use the same band." Also, it is worthwhile to examine whether the computer has been assigned a proper IP address. Breul recommends that you have to assign IP addresses in the WLAN automatically.

Problems with network access can also make features that are supposed to ensure safety. "In some WLAN is possible to allow access only to certain computers,". The identification is done here using the so-called MAC address. Each network card, and each wireless component has such a unique identification. "For true hackers, but since this is no problem. But there was a risk, shut out by types of computer from the network or only cumbersome to adjust the configuration to have when a new computer is to be integrated into the network.