Thread: How can i connect more than one computer on the same Modem?

How can i connect more than one computer on the same Modem?

I am having an internet connection at my home and that to of the Hathway. It is doing well for me and also I am getting the finest speed. Now the thing that is worrying me a lot is that I am jot able to connect my laptop with the modem for the internet access. As I am having only one cable and also there is only one port for that cable to be inserted. So is there is any way that will help me to connect both of them together on the modem and have access on the network. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: How can i connect more than one computer on the same Modem?

There is nothing to worry at all, as said by you that you have only one cable that is not letting you to do the connection. Now what you have to here is that just visit the hathway customer support and demand them for the CAT 5 cable. I am sure that they will give you one and you can solve your problem with the help of that cable.

If you are not able to connect two systems with the modem then you need a router with multiple ports. So what you have to is just purchase a router with multiple ports and then you can connect multiple systems on the router with the help of CAT 5 cable. Router allows you connect the multiple computers and have an access over the internet. And I am sure that it will definitely help you solve your problem.

Well I think I have a permanent solution for the problem that you are facing. I mean to say that why don’t you go with the wireless router. Once you will connect the wireless router then you can have an access over the net without any connection but make sure that you system has Wi-Fi functionality. And as said by you that you want to connect the laptop so all the latest laptops are having this functionality. So just go with it will help you for sure.

Thanks a lot for the vital suggestion but the thing is that I am not able to purchase a wireless router since it doesn’t fit in my budget. So please suggest me a finest router that will help me get multiple connections at a time. Also I prefer normal router than the wireless one. So please let know the best router.

If you will ask me then I will suggest you to go with the CISCO Linksys router. The thing here is that it is the best router manufacturing company and they produce some fantastic routers. I am also using one of it and it is serving me the best. It will give you no issues while installation and also not compatibility factor. So please go with it and I am sure that it will do wonders for you.