Thread: Is it possible to connect the 3G data card to wireless Router

Is it possible to connect the 3G data card to wireless Router

I am having a Linksys WRT54G router that I used to get the internet connection and now when I used the 3G data card it is not giving me the proper internet connection. I mean to say that the connection is not established and due that my system is not been able to have an access over internet. Also is it possible for me to connect my laptop in to the network and use my computer as well as laptop for access the internet. And can i connect the 3G card with the wireless router and if yes then please let me know how to do the same?

Re: Is it possible to connect the 3G data card to wireless Router

I think it is possible to connect the 3G data card with the wireless router , First of all you have to0 connect your system with the router and then you have to disable the DHCP. And then you have to connect the card and after that just right click on the 3G connection on your network control panel and then just choose the option sharing. This will allow you share your internet connection. I am sure that this will help you to resolve your issue.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that I can help you in this case, So go to the internet connection and then you have to just click on the home or small office connection. That will establish a connection for you and that to with 3G. After that just click next and the computer will automatically connect with the network.

Well it is very easy to connect the router with the 3G wireless card but the thing here is that you will not be able to have the access on the routers configuration utility page though the computer. This is due to the 3g data card connection. But you can have to by updating the firmware. So I will suggest you connect the card with the assistance of any experience person don’t do it by yourself.