Thread: New laptop with 65 mbps and old laptop with 56 mbps

New laptop with 65 mbps and old laptop with 56 mbps

I have recently purchase a new laptop which has configuration of i3 processor , 4 GB RAM , speed of 2.27 Ghz and 500 GB of hard drive and it has network card of 65 mbps and in my older computer there is configuration is quite less than newer and also it’s with the network card of 56 mbps , now the problem is I have buy new computer specially for the internet surfing and downloading for my office work but in my new computer my download speed is getting is less that older one with the same internet service provider . I am working with operating system windows 7 for the better out put but still I am facing the same issue. if anyone know why is this happening so please give me suggestion for solving this problem .and also suggest some tips or some software which help full for better internet surfing and download speed.

Re: New laptop with 65 mbps and old laptop with 56 mbps

There are different reasons for getting low speed of downloading. I think you need to check your browser setting as well as need to use latest browser or you can check your download speed by using different browser like opera, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox and safari. Before downloading every time you need to clear temporary file as well as all history and cookies. Another thing is even your laptop is new with 65 mbps network card but if operating system which you are using is corrupt with the viruses or spywares then they can corrupt your system file of operating system which is used in downloading of data from internet, by this reason your downloading speed getting low. For this you need to scan your laptop with updated antivirus like Norton, MacAfee, Avast or Symantec.

I need to know what type of internet connection you are using exactly because it’s also depends on type of internet connection also. There are three types of internet connection that are dial up connection, DSL connection and cable connection. dial up and DSL are less faster than cable if you are using DSL or dial up connection for laptop the might be chances of getting low speed but if you are using broadband connection which is on copper wire then you can get more speed than dial up and DSL connection or dial up connection giving you low speed on internet connection. most of internet provider which are giving broadband connection they are providing internet with traditional copper wire but you can demand for new fiber optical wire connection its costly than copper wire connection but speed of internet is too high .

I think its may issue with your hard disk data that might be chances of defragmented data is in your old laptop which can boost your laptop performance as sell as internet speed , if you can also tried this thing of defragment on your new laptop then there is chances of improving speed in your new laptop also .there is also chances of hard disk ,if in new laptop your hard disk is full and in older laptop hard disk has more space for data then can be chances of low speed in your new laptop because when you are trying to download any data from internet that file or data need enough space in your hard disk . So for this you need to delete all unwanted data like movies, music, pictures and documents on hard drive. If that data is important for you then you can keep it in external hard drive, flash drive or DVD-R,

I think if you are using same internet service provider and there is different with the down load speed with your new and old laptop then I think you need to contact with your laptop manufacturer service center. Then they will check what the exact reason is for this. There might be chance that network cad which you are using with 65 mbps is not performing well or is faulty. if that is not then might chances in your operating system is getting corrupt with any virus or spyware so my suggestion is format one your c drive and check ones again speed .or you can get soft ware like speed connect which boost your internet speed .