Thread: RVS4000 firmware v1.3.0.5 release

RVS4000 firmware v1.3.0.5 release

RVS4000 firmware v1.3.0.5 is launched and had resolved many problems which were in the previous version those are as follows:
    • It fixes the VPN in the Summary window and the VPN Tunnels obtainable field which was showing a wrong number.
    • It changes the domain name enter field now it cannot be done in the Syslog Server field.
    • Replacement client names can be go through in the Router Access catalog.
    • It fixes the issue with the PPTP Passthrough on RVS4000 which was fails to interoperate by means of Cisco PPTP server.
    • It also resolves the DHCPv6 server collapse problem.
    • IP-based ACL system could put off prohibited domains or keywords described in the Firewall Internet Access rule window from carrying out properly.
    • The router permits the reduction of unacceptable LAN IP address.
    • Client can arrange and put away an unacceptable quality string in the Syslog Server field.
    • Traceroute which is located into the Administration Diagnostics window does not ensure for suitable key previous to perform the control.
    • QuickVPN DoS weakness.
    • In the system LAN window, the drop-down list of options does not catalog the netmask 255.255.255.252.
    • DNS Cache toxic assault weakness.
    • keep away from the DNS Cache toxic attack.

Re: RVS4000 firmware v1.3.0.5 release

As the above post which describes you that it fixes many problems but still it has many issues which are not yet fixed and those known issues are as follows:
    1. QuickVPN client working on Windows Vista cannot transport extra than 70MB of folder to a distant RVS4000 in excess of a QuickVPN tunnel previous to the tunnel disengage. The problem will be set in the after that firmware edition which will be place on cisco’s website.
    2. Saving the arrangement of port onward or port set off rules origin the router to start again the firewall divisions which can origin a momentary imprison of the router for 10 to 15 seconds.
    3. QoS speed Control has no result at what time IPS is put out of action. As a workaround, utilize QoS precedence in its place.
    4. DHCP impart is not carry at what time numerous VLANs are shaped.
    5. There is a recognized problem by means of Windows XP SP2 Firewall. ICMP package are always fall by the firewall at what time the firewall is allow. This problem causes the QuickVPN client to exist not capable to set up a tunnel by means of the distant QuickVPN server effectively. Microsoft has launched a patch to attach this problem after you set up the patch problem would be determined. You can also attach this problem by improvement Windows XP to SP3.
    6. IPS cannot obstruct eMule 0.48a.
    7. During firmware improve, the router stop loads the firmware and reboots previous to the progress bar illustrate 100% achievement. It is suggested that you stay until the router stop rebooting previous to attempting to admission the router’s web-based arrangement service.

I have updated the firmware and I am experiencing the following with this new update of the firmware:
    1. It has all the same setting structure I think only the Cisco interface is new.
    2. I have never faced any problem with any of the IE browser yet from when I have updated the firmware and also not faced any slow down and the crashes up till now.
    3. I think every should to update their firmware with this new one as it resolved many security holes.
    4. I am not using the VPN but I have enabled the QoS and IPS and they seems are working fine.

I have an RVS4000 routers at firmware version 1.1.14.I have updated the upgrade the firmware to latest rev 1.3.0.5 to correct for FTP as current version has issue. I downloaded the picture from web site and logged into the router management. I choose the picture by means of the Browse key on the management or Firmware advance page. I tick the Start advance and the fading significance comes into view not to turn off router. Later than about 15 sec the page restore to an IE link fault page. I can reconnect to the router system page and everything as it was previous to at what time I started. Procedure can be doing again by means of similar consequences. Please help me.