Thread: Alteration of explorer's navigation pan is awesome

Alteration of explorer's navigation pan is awesome

I love the latest navigation pan in explorer it has some efficient skin like hiding empty drives or giving a tiny relief regarding some thongs. But, as common with Microsoft "development", we are restricted to what Microsoft imagines it’s greatest for us and the navigation pane is hardly customizable. Anyhow, below is something that I wise to do. My PC should constantly show the user home folder ever time. And second thing is that it should eradicate the Libraries and Home group entries that I have made. Please help me.

Re: Alteration of explorer's navigation pan is awesome

Hello! Friends, as far as the Libraries is concerned , in my view there's no simple method to stop them because they are extremely incorporated into Explorer or you can say with the Windows and I think by the time I will leave them like this for the moment. Operating System has executed with extremely narrow customization tools. I am familiar with the fact that there is some registry tweaks to stop them but yet even if I always said "disable".

Yes exactly, I am truly having the same opinion as Roxy have regarding Microsoft. Even though form my part I love the default setup provided by the developers, and I really will not alter a default setting. But really it's irritating that among every Windows release, Microsoft get away extra and more option from the user hand. It's nice to see that dedicated users are doing their part to get back have power over through the registry and such things.

Hello! Guys I have idea of changing the libraries icon to you original post in window 7 and window xp. If you wise to change your icon library you have to follow the below step.
    1. At starting you should go to your Microsoft\Windows\Libraries folder in the C drive.
    2. There you open your Library files whichever the icon you hope to modify in text editor such as Notepad.
    3. Then you should look for icon reference and edit the wording among <iconReference> </iconReference> with complete course to your icon.
    4. After that save the file which you have alter and reboot you computer.
    Last edited by Visala28; 04-12-2010 at 03:32 AM.