Thread: OpenLDAP Configuration on windows 7

OpenLDAP Configuration on windows 7

I have configured OpenLDAP server and that with Windows XP clients is perfectly valid domain created. Today I working on Windows 7 and trying to join it as is done with Windows XP but I am getting error that is not finding the domain. I have tried to search for the solution on Microsoft site buy they argue that systems based on active directory below windows 7 windows NT4 cannot be validated against them. So what can I to solve this problem. I would have to modify for my openldap (on centos 5.5) authenticates machines with Windows 7. If there is any solution or anybody else is having similar problem then please share your thoughts.

Re: OpenLDAP Configuration on windows 7

I am also having similar problem but the operating system that I am using is a bit different. The problem is that I am setting up a private network for an educational institution but I meet some question, please help me hope. The question is: I have implemented a server on CentOS 5.4 with firewall (iptables), DHCP, DNS and proxy, the link to the ISP router do with the public IP that is due to the domain xxx.xxx.xxx.250 www.xxx.edu.in. This server allows me to take out the LAN to the Internet, the LAN I have also implemented a web server that can respond to the requests made to www.xxx.edu.in. We want to implement another server for domain edv.xxx.edu.in so that the ISP gave us a public ip xxx.xxx.xxx.251 (i.e. I have two public IPs and .250 for www.xxx.edu.in for edv.xxx.edu.ec .251). My question is: how to connect to both servers have in place the conditions under which I presented. I have some ideas but before implementing that I thought that it will be better to consult with someone.

Well the solution for this problem is really simple. You just need to put all the new IP in the firewall and redirect all requests that IP on port 80. As far as know you have the public ip xxx.xxx.xxx.250 the web server serving requests www. xxx.edu.in and allowing you to go to the internet from LAN, the idea is that the ISP will give you more xxx.xxx.xxx.251 public IP, that means if you have 2 public IPs, then this new IP will definitely going to receive requests to edv.xxx.edu.in. I hope that this will help you. If you have any other issue then let me know I will try to solve that issue as soon as possible.

Thanks for the information that you have given but the problem is that I have a single firewall which receives the connection and exits to the Internet to my LAN, the web server is another that is within the LAN, through a funnel with iptables I make whatever comes to www.xxx.edu.in redirected to the server that is on the LAN. I am not very clear about the connection on another server to the domain edv.xxx.edu.in, considering I have two public IPs for each domain and a firewall. If I can help with a graphic explanation will be very grateful. In the attached picture I sent in the opening theme you can find the current network topology to be a little clearer analysis. If you can help me for this case then it will be great.

For your second web server must be on the same physical network as the firewall first and put the two IPs on the same network card with ip-alias eth0->
    ip_publica_1, eth0: 1 -> ip_publica_2 and destination addresses for the firewall something like:
    iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp -d IP_PUBLICA_1 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination IP_PRIVADA_1:80
    iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp -d IP_PUBLICA_2 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination IP_PRIVADA_2:80
    It should work; if it is not working then you have to provide a more detailed information related to this problem.

I have a question I am implementing an LDAP server for user authentication with windows 7,vista home and professional, that I have accomplished basic things but need additional service that is able to perform remote installations, i.e. from the server can be installed software on client computers, as with Group Policy in Windows 2003 server. I am also in the queue of seeking help from your side. I will be waiting for your related reply.

There are several ways, using Samba, which would be the logon in the logon path and logon script. Logon path in the folder you just need to tell logon script you want to run the bat. Inside the folder you can enter a.pol windows and then assumes that the user is logged in profile. There is also another way to autoexec windows service that is installed and configured to connect to the server and run what you want. I think that this is very simple research. I hope that you like this answer.