Thread: Error 0x08470068: ActiveX is not working

Error 0x08470068: ActiveX is not working

Whenever I am trying to enable memory protection for reducing the risk of online attacks one or the other problem arises. The problem that is arising now is that when I am trying to install the ActiveX control it crashes with an error. One thing is for sure that there is nothing to do with the controls because if I am waiting for some time than a dialog box appears with the following messages. If you want to install then provide the information related such as your name, publisher and you want to install this thing or not. After that I am getting error with the error code”0x08257638”, currently I am not having any idea related to this error. The only thing I need is to install the ActiveX for the smooth working on my computer system. If anyone of you can help me then it is really appreciated.

Re: Error 0x08470068: ActiveX is not working

I think I am also facing similar kind of problem. I will try to explain the problem that I am facing; actually the problem is with an ActiveX on Windows XP and Internet Explorer 9. The thing is that the page is loading with ActiveX and after loading of ActiveX if I closing and opening the page I am getting similar kind of error and then again ask to install the ActiveX. Once I closed the window containing the ActiveX popup and although none is allowed for about 3 minutes. If I do the same test with other browser the problem is not present. If I am using windows vista and using browser other then internet explorer 9 then there is no problem related to ActiveX. I am also in the queue of finding the solution for the problem.

I think that the problem that you are facing is because of the antivirus or spyware that you are using. I think you antivirus software is not allowing the ActiveX control to install. I think you should try to install the ActiveX in your browser after disabling the antivirus software you have installed on your system. I am not sure that this will help you to resolve the issue that you are having. If this solution is helping you then do not forget to provide the feedback for this problem. So that this solution can be used by others those are having the similar problem.

I have made a VBA code for sending mail from Excel. This code works on almost every PC in my office ... except 1! At runtime this post, I get an error on line 429

Code:
      Set MonOutlook = CreateObject ("Outlook.Application"
    )
    Since this code works elsewhere, I think it comes from the configuration of the PC in question. Although this subject has been repeatedly treated on the net, none of the solutions I could find no one helped me for now. Thank you for your help!

For those who have a similar problem with Scripting.FileSystemObject. After trying many solutions I finally found one that works for me. Order Set fso = CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ran on all items except 1 (Error 429). To solve the problem you just need to follow these steps: First you have to replace command by Dim fs as New FileSystemObject and after that you have to make reference to the file in scrrun.dll sytem32 (Microsoft Scripting Runtime) if it is not present. If you have any other issue then let me know about that. If I am having the solution for that problem then definitely I will provide the related solution for this.

The problem is that: on a statement like:
    Set fso = CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    In a file that worked fine on my machine and no longer works. The only clue I have is that in the meantime I used RegCleaner on my machine. I see only that which could have caused the malfunction but I'm not sure what RegCleaner cleaned. Explanations Microsoft about this error are not very usable (for me at least) Troubleshooting Error 429 When Automating Office Applications.