Thread: Can i combine DSL and CABLE internet connection for faster downloads and uploads

Can i combine DSL and CABLE internet connection for faster downloads and uploads

I am making the use of two internet connection at my home. The first one is the DSL and the second one is CABLE internet connection. I am planning to combine my DSL and CABLE internet connection for faster downloads and uploads. Can I do this? If yes, then how? I have a server running windows 2003. I am also having two Ethernet card. Does anyone there have any suggestion regarding this setup? If you have some knowledge related with this issue, then try to help me out.

Re: Can i combine DSL and CABLE internet connection for faster downloads and uploads

I have done this setup at my home with the help of a device called as Sonicwall NSA 2400. Using this I have connected two internet connections together to one computer. This device will help you in doing that for which you are looking. So I will advise you to purchase that particular device and then try to do the setup. If you require more support on this, then reply me back.

Re: Can i combine DSL and CABLE internet connection for faster downloads and uploads

Yes, you can combine DSL and CABLE internet connection together. As you have asked that you have to do this in order to perform faster downloads and uploads. So I will like to tell you that doing this setup will not help you in increasing your download speed, but it will help you to do load balance i.e. it will potentially make the end user to work more smoothly and freely. Hope have helped you.

I thin that there is software which can do this. The name of the software is MultiWan Bandwidth share 1.3. It is not free software. You will have to pay some money for that, I don’t know the exact amount so I am not mentioning it here. It will help you to combine multiple WAN connections together. So if you are planning to do that, then try out this software.