Thread: how to configure Gmail with outlook 2010

how to configure Gmail with outlook 2010

Using Gmail account for accessing mails from my home and office network. Ten outlook express 2003 is by default installed in my machine, which is configured by my office. I personally download outlook express 2010 version, basic think is that I don’t know how to configure Gmail with the outlook email agent. Is there any suggest me to do the operation. Nay information on this will be very appreciated to me.

Re: how to configure Gmail with outlook 2010

Open the outlook express application window and from that window go to the option toolbar, click on that menu bar option, under that window go to the mail setup dialog box and under that switch to E-mail Accounts tab, this will used for the setting the application with the email account. Here you will found the options those are used for set-up new E-mail account or to configure the mail account with the email agent. Click on the Add option and insert proper option to their desire place. Like the user name from where you access the mails along with the password to access that mail account and you might be need to put the connection information that you are using. After inserting all the information’s, click on next, and restart the application, now you will able to access the mails from the email agent.

You can also configure the outlook 2010 with the gmail account, for that simply log on to your gmail account and then proceed to the setting option in your right corner of the email account window. Look for the option “Forwarding and Pop /IMAP” under the setting option and select “Enable POP for all mail” option, along with that enable IMPA and click on save changes. Now, open the Outlook 2010 email client. And from the file menu bar option, select the info option, under that select the “Add account”, which will be placed in the bottom of the place. Select the manually option and there put all the information those are required to configure the mail account with outlook. Now in the next step select “Internet Email” nad click on OK or hit on ENTER.

I recently configure the outlook 2011 version with the gmail and my yahoo mail account, I did this in a very simple process, and I think this will also applicable in the 2010 version. So first of all, you need to configure the email account with both mail account and outlook email client. So first of all you need to make the permission of allow the SMTP mails from the gmail account and then go to application windows to second part of configuration. Start the outlook application and from there open the file menu bar option under that click on add account option, it will appear the pop-up window. In that window put the user name and the password of the mail account from you are willing to access mails. And after that whenever you start the mail client application it will directly logged you in the mail account and allow you to access the mail account.,
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain