Thread: Exact time for downloading games

Exact time for downloading games

Hello friends I am looking forward to download the game called Black Ops that had created much hype since the day it has been released. I have completed the stages of GTA San Andreas so now I am looking for putting my hands on this new game. So I just want to know that what would be the approximate time that would take for completing the download of this game. So anyone who has downloaded the game before help me to know the exact time of the starting and the completion of the downloading of this game.

Re: Exact time for downloading games

Hey the time for downloading depends on various factors such as the internet whcih you are using, the speed of the internet, the time of the downloading and many more. If you are using some internet with slow speed than it will really take along time, but if you use the internet with much higher speed then you will be able to complete the downloads in less time. Also, time is an important factor as it decides the speed of the downloads. if you are downloading in the night when there is not many user that are connected to the internet so you will get more pears and you will be able to download the game quickly.

I think that it all depends upon the bandwidth of the cable that you are using for the internet connection. So if the band width is more you will get more speed to download the games. But if your bandwidth is less then it will take some more time. Also, before you start the downloads you must clear out the history and the cookies of your internet so that the cache memory clears out for it way to new cookies that will come with the downloads. This will also increase the speed of the download to some extent.

Hey I have downloaded the same game from the internet and it took one full day to complete its download. I am using internet with 512 kbps speed and used utorrent software to download the game. On downloading I was getting bit rate of 60kbps and the game was almost 8 GB. So it really took my whole day to get the complete download of the game. The good option would be to start the download in the night in the hope that it will complete a bit quickly.

Hey why dont you download the bandwidth tracking software that will help you com to know the time that the game will take to complete its download. If you are using unlimited plan then even there is also a limit to downloading that is decided by the operator whcih you are currently using. Find the exact memory that the game takes along with the bits rate that you get during the download and then multiply both of then to get the exact time. This will give the approximate time of the download.