Thread: Unable to download the old profile in Games For Window Live

Unable to download the old profile in Games For Window Live

Hello to all, I had switched to the new user account on to my system. What I did is copied the Fallout 3, I saved it and brought them over. The problem is that I cannot download the old profile for the Games For Window Live that is GFWL. I was previously having the problem about the DLC the reason is I was unable to sign on to the Live but I still log on to my account. I want to know whether, if there is any of the place where can I download my account to be able to play on my old saves or also is there any fix for this connection problem. I am able to connect to the GWFL through the client outside the game. well the problem is logging in. I log in and it tries to download the old profile. I'm guessing my gamer tag for my PC account and it doesn't want to.How can we able to download the old profile in Games For Window Live.
    Last edited by Nirupama Der; 30-11-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Re: Unable to download the old profile in Games For Window Live

I think that your problem to the failure is the Security or the antivirus software. Try to download and update for it, and see whether the change works for it and then after it also try to start block things on your system. Look in to the that and also try to do the power cycling for your modem or router . Plug the computer directly into the modem and then power cycle everything but do not turn the PC on until the modem comes online. check this what happens let us see.

First look that yours Game For Windows Live (GFWL) is open and then recovering the GT makes it go through. I think that you may be having the NAT problem or your Live redistributable is out of the date that is why you unable to download your profile. Follow this link: gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Support/Pages/technicalIssuesGuide.aspx, it will update your Live redistributable to the latest version and then standalone GFWL program. After that try to open the profile again with the help of the standalone open. It has worked for my friend. But I don’t know whether it works for you or not. Because some of friends was not able to work with it. I think it also depend on the configuration that you have. Any way good luck.

If you can’t connect to the live then generally you will be getting the error message if your system is unable to connect to Game for Windows LIVE. The problem may also occur that the computer might be unable to connect to the Windows Live because of the network problem. To solve this kind of issue make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. To do this open web page in to the browser. If you connect to the internet then the firewall prevents the connection to Games for windows LIVE. If you want to have the more information related to the firewall and for the Games for Windows LIVE click to the web page: support.microsoft.com/kb/937424. It is the port that you can open in Microsoft Windows Firewall to play a Games for Windows LIVE game.

What kind of the Internet Service Provider you are using and also it is of which type the Cable or the DSL. Check first for the ISP and contact them for the help. Also make sure that you are using the good manufacturers and also the good model number of any network equipment you should be using. Also the firewall should have to be ON and also use good updated anti-virus or anti-spyware should have to be running.