Thread: Need help to create a new outlook profile ?

Need help to create a new outlook profile ?

Hello friends I am writing in this forum for the first time. So please bear with me and my issues. I have got a desktop system with windows Vista as an operating system , the processor installed in my system from AMD but do not know which and have a very large hard dive space, but the actual issue is the MS Office tool . I have got MS Office Student Edition 2007 installed in my system and I use MS outlook to access my mail but when I try to access my default email folders a strange unexpected error pops up and it will nt et open those folders ? Has any body faced such type of issue before ? Please help me in solving those issue .

Re: When to create a new outlook profile ?

I think you would have made certain changes in your program files that is restricting you to access the default email folders. I would ask you to do a certain troubleshooting steps, check if it works. Go to Control panel, locate the Microsoft Outlook there and try to repair it from there if you can. Once the repair is complete try to open the email folders, I think this seems a simple issue and should get fixed once you have repaired Outlook. Please reply and tell me if it works , I can research on some more steps in case it does not work.

I think you should create a new profile and then try to your email folders. Email accounts are stored in profiles being created. An email profile consists of email accounts, data files, and it also contains necessary details about the address of the messages being stored. When you run the outlook for the first time , at that instance a new profile is being created automatically, as you are not running for the first time you cannot get a new profile, for that you will have to uninstall it and reinstall it again, but it is nt advisable to do so as it does not seem that much complex issue, you can simply create a new profile and get your issue resolved . Most of the people keep multiple profiles to have multiple mail access but I do not know how to create it, you can refer to the official Microsoft web site to do so.

You can definitely open a new profile to resolve this issue but there is some thing more need to be done. Just creating a new profile is incomplete , there might be some software application been installed that you need to install first and then create a new profile. I had faced the same issue that you are facing right now, I had a kerio profile installed in my system , I had created a kerio profile first , then I created a new profile in the outlook.