Thread: Operation of sending mail is failed and gives error message in Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.

Operation of sending mail is failed and gives error message in Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.

Hi! I have recently installed Winsows 7 Home Premimum in my new Computer and I have moved my important data from my old computer to new computer. I have installed MS Office Enterprise 2007 pack in my new Computer but when I am trying to send emails in outlook 2007 I receive a message that "The operation failed” due to not able to find the object. I am able to receives emails but not able to send. I have tried it by reinstalling; creating up new profiles, deleting and creating up new accounts etc but nothing appear to do the job. It was running well in MS Outlook express on Windows XP on the old Computer. Should I ask someone of Microsoft for advice to solve the problem? Please help and find the solution of this problem.

Re: Operation of sending mail is failed and gives error message in Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.

In recent time I meet with the same problem and I have also able to get the solution of the problem but for that I had gone to the Microsoft Technical support to obtain it. The solution supposed to be as below. Go to the location of the Outlook.exe in the folder of MS office where you have installed it. And then move the cursor on the file and right and further click on Properties. This will dialogue box. And then select the Compatibility tab option and perform unchecked to the Compatibility mode box that tells “Run this program in Compatibility Mode for". After this operation your outlook will work fine without the any error message!

Re: Operation of sending mail is failed and gives error message in Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.

As you have written that you’re able to receive mail in your inbox properly, but you are not able to send the mail to other. So you are not allowed to send mail as a rule this says that your certification and port settings of sending mail protocol are not accurate. There may be the reason that your firewall is blocking Outlook mails. For that you should check your firewall settings as it is not the case every time but it can be the reason to block you’re out going mails.

I have solved this problem by following the below steps:
    1. Go to Control Panel.
    2. Perform Double-click on the Mail icon provided in control panel.
    3. It will open the Mail Setup dialog box then choose the option Show Profiles.
    4. To specific profile each and every time when you start an Outlook, select the General tab option, and then select Prompt for a profile to be used, and then select the option Add.
    5. After that in new profile dialog box, beneath profile name, type a name you want to keep for the new profile, and then enter OK button.
    6. Under E-mail Accounts dialog box, choose to add a new e-mail account in the e-mail options then click next.
    7. Choose the type of server that you want to your e-mail account to works with and then choose next.
    8. Choose more settings and click finish.

Make windows 7 your primary e-mail.
    You may need to check to make sure that your e-mail accounts are set up right.
    I use windows live e-mail all the time with no trouble.